Marble Falls

F250

The wife has expressed an interest in moving to Marble Falls. I am somewhat interested in the idea and was curious about how the place has been developing. We currently live in Spring Branch and I work out of the home so commuting isn't an issue. My experience with the place is limited to trips for little league and youth football games and the occasional weekend on the lake.

I believe there are a number of y'all that live along the Colorado river. Does anyone have any insight on Marble Falls?

We go from Austin to Burnet quite a bit, via 71 to 281. Traffic through Marble Falls on a weekend in the summer can be brutal. If you can get a place in Horseshoe Bay or Granite Shoals that doesn't require you to get on 281 much, you can avoid some of that. Having said that, for a town of its size it's got good restaurants, a good sized medical center close by at 71/281 intersection and the beautiful Hill Country and lakes. Plus it's 30-45 minutes from downtown Austin depending on traffic.

• Like 1

The wife has expressed an interest in moving to Marble Falls. I am somewhat interested in the idea and was curious about how the place has been developing. We currently live in Spring Branch and I work out of the home so commuting isn't an issue. My experience with the place is limited to trips for little league and youth football games and the occasional weekend on the lake.
I believe there are a number of y'all that live along the Colorado river. Does anyone have any insight on Marble Falls?

First question: who is she screwing there?
  • Like 2

It's almost perfect, except for the aforementioned weekend traffic.  Locals try to get their shit done during the week.  I have five relatives who have recently moved there or nearby for end of career years or retirement.  It is a beautiful area.  Real estate prices aren't ridiculous.  Great golf and lakes.  Big new HEB-Plus (when it's open) along with most any other retail you might need. New hospital and lots of other clinics opening, so no need to go into Austin or SA for routine stuff.  And if you really have to go to Austin, it's only around 45 minutes to either SW Austin or NW Austin/Cedar Park area.  The only knock I see is that it is not really convenient to a major airport.  Probably a push time-wise between AUS and SAT, but AUS seems to have better overall air service than SAT.  Do it!

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Like 1

Are you old?  Are you Republican?  Are you old and Republican?  If so you will really fit in.

The "town" itself has a nice yet small one-street downtown just west of 281.  It is surrounded by a lot of housing that is pretty poor.  Meadowlakes is the exception close to town.  Horseshoe Bay is really not "in" Marble Falls, it is a resort community on the south side of the lake.

You can also live out from town a bit on a bigger lot maybe with a view, out 1431 or 281.  There are traffic bottlenecks at 1431/281 and through downtown, but they're not anything close to Austin traffic.

3 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:
7 hours ago, llanoflash said:
Do not consider anything in granite fucking shoals. An entire town of criminals. No shit. 
Traffic can be pretty fucked up For a small town but it ain’t Austin
Horseshoe bay or meadowlakes 

I have some land in granite shoals lol.

Always had a bad feeling about you