Paging Champ, others - selling Q

Baboontyme

I could use some tips here. 

Not a commercial venture. End of the year party at my kid's elementary school. I've been lobbying for the past year and it appears to be coming to fruition. Last year they had a couple of food trucks, maybe 3. I'm sure I would not be the only source of food, but I'm not worried about numbers just yet. 

I'm thinking brisket and pulled pork only, sell by the 1/2 lb and lb. I think I can get $1.29/$2.79/lb respectively at RD. We are in it to fund raise for the PTO. I will get reimbursed for cost, if that, and we don't want to charge people a fortune. Local BBQ joint charges $8 per 1/2 lb for pulled pork and $10.50/half lb for brisket. What should we charge? 

How do I serve? I would assume I need a helper to take money. Do I need 2? Someone to help slice/serve? What do I serve in? Would heavy duty cardboard plates be fine? Separate condiment table with buns, onions, sauce, pickles and they help themselves? 

What else am I not thinking of? I've never done anything like this. My old BBQ party I made 2 butts or briskets max and rested in a cooler. Do I wrap these things in wax paper when they're done and just move them down the cooker away from the firebox as they finish and I need to hold them? 

Giggity. 

How many people you anticipate?

First comment, do not use waxed paper. You can get unwaxed white butcher paper at RD. For your purposes, that will work fine. As for holding... Either get your pit temp down to 140-150, or use a couple of coolers (something like a Yeti will hold temps much better).

You'll need an order taker/cashier, a cutter, and someone to run the pass (from cutting block to serving/order taking table).

Buy #300 paper boats at RD. You can serve in that. For sauce you'll need souffle cups, and you'll need cutlery packets. All that is available at RD.  Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell. You can txt me any other questions.

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Sauce? You serving bread with the meat?

Well I would certainly hope so, since that's the way it's supposed to be done.  Pickles, onions, and jalapenos too.  Obviously.

You have Wonder bread up there?  I