Texas will never be good again until this happens

In10se

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

It was actually refreshing to see a really good pocket for the QB on numerous occasions this weekend. Now, if we just had a QB who could consistently get the ball to receivers. Also, the run game would be far more effective if the QB kept the ball when he was the better option. See a pattern?

Image result for gif pointing up

And let's coach the kid up to not throw the ball out of the end zone when we go for 2 and try and force it in on 3rd down to lose the game.

Improve the Football IQ corch..............

They need an elite QB to return to prominence.  You need other things as well, but that's a huge one.  How many games even last year did we realistically lose on bad QB play?  I don't think they have one on the roster right now except maybe a low chance on Rising but he's not burning his red-shirt this year.

6 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

It was actually refreshing to see a really good pocket for the QB on numerous occasions this weekend. Now, if we just had a QB who could consistently get the ball to receivers. Also, the run game would be far more effective if the QB kept the ball when he was the better option. See a pattern?

That's the biggest key, as in effect, the quarterback is the point guard of the gridiron, and has to have ability to have "assist" to the running backs & receivers...

16 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Briles simply knew a real football player when he saw one, stars be damned. and if they could run, all the better.

Briles was great at recruiting players who could fit into his system and schemes.  Yes, he actually had a system running his unique schemes.  As a player, if you could not or would not develop into his system you did not play.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

I motion to adjourn this thread.  The OP will roll back Trans-Pecos rights, has not posted pics of his wife's spread, and once bought baseball tickets with a credit card.

Not a fan of baseball btw. As a fan, I’m so discouraged by the expectations I have for this team. Tom can’t give us a straight answer about his “vision.” Because he has none