general employment and jobs thread

BillyBadAss

iHeart IT seems to have a lot of turnover. I went through the interview process to run their security program with them a few years ago and decided to turn down their offer. The management style felt like a bad fit and I knew a few people there that gave me a heads up about the place. The guy that ended up with the job quit after a year.

That's all I got.

Edited by F250

I'm always looking for someone who is interested in learning the roofing & general home repair business.

I've had some Shaggers send their kids & other people they know, but this work isn't for everyone.  Outdoors activity all day long, must be confident on ladders & recognize that the work is somewhat irregular.

I'm based in Dripping Springs but we work where the jobs take us; 90% are South Austin out to Drip, however we'll take on local jobs up to a 2 hour drive from here if the project is right.

File under: I am regretting taking this job.

10+ years (I’m in my early 40s, this is a second career)in project controls as a project planner in the oil and gas industry. The vast majority of that is on the engineering consultant side. I recently jumped to the owner side as a contract employee. Love the pay, hating the job/project. Currently in Houston but would consider Austin and San Antonio. Besides the right pay, my only sticking point is at least a 9/80 schedule (which seems like most of the industry does).

I miss green field jobs. I guess I don’t mind portfolio type work if there are processes and place and people try to follow them.

21 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

and I'll start.. anyone work for or have knowledge/opinions about working for iHeartMedia? In this case doing IT-related work.  

IHeartMedia, the biggest U.S. radio-station owner, is filing for bankruptcy.IHeartMedia Inc., the biggest U.S. radio-station owner, filed for bankruptcy with a plan to halve its debt load of more than $20 billion, the legacy of a leveraged buyout that hobbled the company as the digital era spawned new rivals

Knew a very senior level executive who left right before they declared bankruptcy for a mid-level role at Amazon. I think that says it all about the stability of the company.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this dormant thread.

I have a job opening for a natural gas scheduler in Austin. Will take a recent graduate and train as long as candidate is very comfortable with excel. Focus will be on utility and intrastate pipelines in Midwest area.

Work is mainly M-F, 7-4 with some weekends required (1-2 hours) during the winter (November-April). Full time, salaried, permanent position.

This position is not for a physical gas controller.

PM for additional details.