Untrained "third party" overruled targeting call in USC-Wazzu game

Machinator

Which team is the Pac12's "best-chance-to-make-playoffs" in this scenario? 2-loss USC?
When they did it with okielite against us it wasn't because okielite was going to make the playoffs (although they were undefeated at the moment) . It was too keep okielite ranked high so that it would look more impressive when ousux beat them later in the year.

In the uscw/wazoo game it looked more like they were trying to keep undefeated wazoo's starting defensive player in the game to keep them at full strength. Wazoo still lost the game.

46 minutes ago, Modessit said:

When they did it with okielite against us it wasn't because okielite was going to make the playoffs (although they were undefeated at the moment) . It was too keep okielite ranked high so that it would look more impressive when ousux beat them later in the year.

In the uscw/wazoo game it looked more like they were trying to keep undefeated wazoo's starting defensive player in the game to keep them at full strength. Wazoo still lost the game.

Yeah, you're going to have to give me more than that before I'll believe that the Pac-12 is engaging in any sort of corruption to promote Washington Fucking State as their intended champion. That's just ridiculous. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Augustus said:

Hey now, don't bring us into this.  It was y'all wanted to join up and drag us with you to that shitshow of a conference. 😂😂😂

And you saved us from that. I guess thank yous are in order.

I am very happy with where we are now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm dubious of this motivation as well. Which leaves a triple quandary.

First, why this fuck stick had the authority. Second, who the fuck granted him said auhority. Finally, why the fuck he reversed a call that was pretty clearly correct in the first place on a foul of particularly high national interest.

Lots of WTF going on.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

First, why this fuck stick had the authority. Second, who the fuck granted him said auhority. Finally, why the fuck he reversed a call that was pretty clearly correct in the first place on a foul of particularly high national interest.

Lots of WTF going on.

The problem is that he had no such authority, therefore it was never granted to him.

Why the "command center" and the game referee thought that his was the last word here is the confounding issue.

Why he was in communication with them at all is baffling.

34 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Lots of WTF going on.

And like someone posted earlier, the last line in the rulebook for this foul states:

When in question, it is a foul.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Augustus said:

The problem is that he had no such authority, therefore it was never granted to him.

Why the "command center" and the game referee thought that his was the last word here is the confounding issue.

Why he was in communication with them at all is baffling.

This indicates to me that he had over ruled prior calls.  I bet if someone took the time they could find similar type calls that were never further questioned beyond the game. 

2 hours ago, ApocalyseTexas said:

This indicates to me that he had over ruled prior calls.  I bet if someone took the time they could find similar type calls that were never further questioned beyond the game. 

I missed this nugget before -- I assumed that he was in the command center room in SF with the central replay officials:

Dixon telephoned in his opinion that the play wasn’t targeting, sources said.

What in the actual fuck?  This guy was sitting at home on his couch watching the game (best-case scenario) and decided to call in to the replay command center to give his opinion?  And they listened to him?  How many times has he done this before?

Edited by Beau Vine

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I missed this nugget before -- I assumed that he was in the command center room in SF with the central replay officials:

What in the actual fuck?  This guy was sitting at home on his couch watching the game (best-case scenario) and decided to call in to the replay command center to give his opinion?  And they listened to him?  How many times has he done this before?

guys- relax...he's a lawyer. 

Yeah, you're going to have to give me more than that before I'll believe that the Pac-12 is engaging in any sort of corruption to promote Washington Fucking State as their intended champion. That's just ridiculous. 

You didn't pay attention. It's not about Washington St making the playoffs. It's about them being highly ranked for when they play Washington at the end of the year so that the winner has a better chance of the CFP or other high-payout bowl.

• 2 weeks later...