Los Angeles is painting some streets...white!

Gil Bang

On 11/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

If this is a pilot program, are there stated goals and measurements?

or is it just point a flir at the asphalt, then point it at the coated surface, and celebrate the 12 degree difference?

what does that difference get you for your $40,000 per mile?  What is an acceptable roi to expand the program?  What’s the actual product lifetime vs expected?  

Law of conservation of energy still applies, so if there’s less energy in the roads, where is it going and what effects will this cause?

Questions like that can earn you a free one-way ticket to a gulag. 

• Like 1

If this is a pilot program, are there stated goals and measurements?

or is it just point a flir at the asphalt, then point it at the coated surface, and celebrate the 12 degree difference?

what does that difference get you for your $40,000 per mile?  What is an acceptable roi to expand the program?  What’s the actual product lifetime vs expected?  

Law of conservation of energy still applies, so if there’s less energy in the roads, where is it going and what effects will this cause?

Netzer, I brought up that same question earlier, but no one cared to respond.

Duck, I don't think anyone in this thread can answer whether or not this is a new policy or just a pilot program based off that cute infotainment video. Although I, for one, would be very interested in understanding what the results of the experiment are for human comfort.

The goal/purpose is to make the squeaky wheels feel good. 'Something needs to be done, so lets do something.' If we actually accomplish something then great, but the goal is to look/feel better.

And I have no problem with a local entity wasting their money, if that's what the constituents want.