Victoria, BC?

Beau Vine

Only got to stop for a few hours on a cruise, but we did go on an orca watching tour and what we saw of the town from the boat was very nice.  I would definitely go do some whale watching there.  Butchart Gardens is also supposed to be really good as is the museum.

Edited by kevwun

Victoria is a great place to just hang out. Lots of good pubs, food, and people watching. Just walk around downtown and the harbor.  Every park is gorgeous. Lots of hiking around town.  If you want a road trip, you can head out to Avatar Grove.  It's just a stand of really huge trees on steep hillside.  There's a trail on either side of the road...you either go up the hill or down the hill. You climb over roots, stairs and ladders to make your way along the trail.  If you've got kids in tow, they will love it.  It's probably 2 hours away from Victoria.  On the way, you can  stop at China Beach and French Beach, which are great and sparsely populated.  

We did a whale tour with 5-Star Tours and saw several orcas and humpbacks. If you don't have young kids, I would do one of the inflatable boat tours where you have to wear a wet suit. 

The BC Museum is great. They had a mammoth exhibit that was awesome. 

Edited by CooterBrown

I was there briefly this week, just long enough to eat dinner and walk the harbor at night.  We dined at Il Covo which had outstanding cocktails and good not great food.  The city seemed to shut down early at night but of course it was dark by 4:30.  I look forward to returning for a longer visit.