Guitar Effect Pedalphile Thread

HornGrandioso

44 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I have had power supplies not deliver enough milliamps to run certain pedals before.

+1 on Cioks. Those are good units.

You can run analog pedals off a One-Spot daisy chain all day long.  But digital pedals are thirsty and picky.  

You can run analog pedals off a One-Spot daisy chain all day long.  But digital pedals are thirsty and picky.  

True. But interestingly to me anyway the one spot delivers better milliamps than some cheap power supplies I’ve had in the past (Donner).
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, tbone_ said:

True. But interestingly to me anyway the one spot delivers better milliamps than some cheap power supplies I’ve had in the past (Donner).

I sold my PedalPower 2 and went with a $30 OneSpot since I was going with Nano boards.  It's been great except when I've tried to run the Topanga Reverb off of it.  It will power it, but I get a pop from the switch unless I run it on its own power supply.  

• Like 1

I added one of these Jackson Audio Bloom compressors about a week ago, and I really, really, really dig it.  Its kind of a combination compressor. booster/sustainer and 3 band EQ.  You can activate any combination of the 3 with the 2 footswitches.  The compressor has different modes for different styles like chickin pickin, funk, slide, etc... This defines some unadjustable compression settings like attack and decay, then you have knobs to control the amount of compression and the blend of your dry signal.  The bloom knob & switch is the booster/sustainer and you can change how it fades in to your signal.  I haven't used the EQ yet, but I could see using it to offset differences between guitars while keeping an amp dialed in.  Finally, its quiet as fuck and so usable in a recording context.  I have a strong feeling this is going to be one of those always on pedals.

hor3pnrzn3hcqmowptz2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1