Guitar Effect Pedalphile Thread

HornGrandioso

10 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

I could try that, but it’s on my pedal board so it would be a pain in the ass if it has run in battery. 

Right.  But if it's a power jack or cable issue, you could fix or replace it.  Just trying to hunt down the problem.  Also, try swapping out patch cables to and from that pedal.  I've had more than a few go bad without rhyme or reason. 

I had an old 70s Small Stone.  I recall its being pretty flaky.  But it sounded great when it worked.  I eventually sold it and got one of the MXR sized versions of the SS.

Now, as for volume drop, I'm pretty sure that's a feature of Electro-Harmonix time-shift-type pedals.  Even my new SS recreates that "feature."

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 10:29 PM, NoRagrets said:

I ordered one of these and will probably just replace the chorus pedal with it for my show this weekend. 

Did you try this? My bass player who also plays guitar got it and returned it. Said it just kinda did it’s own thing. I was disappointed because I wanted to get one. Would love to know your opinion 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:29 PM, NoRagrets said:

I ordered one of these and will probably just replace the chorus pedal with it for my show this weekend. 

I see the word tremolo on there, but that doesn't even sound like a familiar chop style tremolo in that demo.  Maybe I need to watch more, but it doesn't seem tremendously useful at first glance.

So far I’ve only had time to briefly play three of them so far. I love the Pinwheel. It really nails the Leslie sound. The C9 doesn’t seem as versatile as I’d hoped but perhaps putting it through the Twin rather than a Princeton will open it up more.

The Archer I just barely had time to touch before I had to run. The Wampler I haven’t plugged in yet.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1