2019 Australian Open

spystud13

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Chris Fowler fucking nailed it, what a great moment for her. She is not a star, she is a mother fucking superstar. 

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Osaka held it together at the end. Shoulda won in straights but props to her for regrouping in the 2nd

Naomi seemed like she couldn't enjoy the victory, because it should have been in straight sets.

The 3rd set was more like "How did I almost let this fucker get away from me? I better win this match.

I would like her to get to the point that she looks like she actually enjoys football.

Djokovic is gonna end up with 25 slams. The dude has not lost an ounce of flexibility in the last 6 years and already survived a freakin’ elbow injury and came out better on the other side. He’s gonna end up being the undisputed GOAT at this point with his resumé.

I noticed that this Aussie Open Chairwoman didn’t have a thick Aussie accent, but tonight I had to focus to find a word here or there with an accent. 

The reason...

Jayne Hrdlicka was born & raised in Kansas, went to Colorado College (in Colorado Springs), and got her MBA from Dartmouth. 

What she is doing chairing the Aussie Open?... No sé. 

5 hours ago, texas08 said:

fuck I hate the Australian open times

I’m sleepy AF but these are the classic matches we won’t see very soon

hate watching replayed sports

5 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I’m in the west coast this weekend so it’s not that bad. Can’t complain about a 12:30 am start when it’s 2:30 am for central

In Germany this week so we watched after a late breakfast.  

That was impressive 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodowned said:

Djokovic is gonna end up with 25 slams. The dude has not lost an ounce of flexibility in the last 6 years and already survived a freakin’ elbow injury and came out better on the other side. He’s gonna end up being the undisputed GOAT at this point with his resumé.

We were talking about that as we watched. He’s at 15, now, right?

And he is 31-years old. And if he stays healthy he  most likely has a good five years. So 20 more majors.  It will be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

We were talking about that as we watched. He’s at 15, now, right?

And he is 31-years old. And if he stays healthy he  most likely has a good five years. So 20 more majors.  It will be fun to watch.

The only hope seems to be serious injury or rapid physical deterioration to keep him from getting there. No one in the NextGen class looks like someone who can beat him on his best day any time soon. Rafa can likely still take him at the FO in 2019 and might be competing in 2020, but Novak should have the outright advantages on hard/grass courts and is probably the best player on clay outside of Rafa already. 

Compete domination.  I’ve always thought that if everyone played their A game that Djokovic beats anyone to have ever played.  I’m not even sure last night was him playing his best, because Nadal didn’t even bother showing up, but it was a still a level or two above everyone else out there.