Home Owners, Auto Insurance, and Related Stuff

On 4/5/2024 at 4:27 PM, Dish Boggett said:

My personal liability umbrella policy has tripled in 3 years. Paid less than $1k for $3M coverage in 2020. Renewal for same coverage this year is $3400.  I am told there are only two carriers writing policies in Fl for personal liability umbrella. 

Are you seeing similar is Texas?

Damn I pay $200 for $1M coverage. 

22 hours ago, Dish Boggett said:

Homeowners is through Frontline; Auto is through travelers

1 teen driver, 1 boat

haven't made a claim on HO ever,  i had a minor fender bender about 2 years ago

Hudson Insurance group is the Umbrella policy

I don't; have any risky hobbies or behavior (aside from posting on this site)

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address where you can send current decs. I don't know why Travelers wouldn't offer an umbrella policy.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:34 PM, C-Man said:

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address where you can send current decs. I don't know why Travelers wouldn't offer an umbrella policy.

Done- you are a gentlemen for looking into this for me . I appreciate the effort, Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

It's my favorite time of year again.  Got my 6 month car insurance renewal from Progressive and it's gone up to $3,479 from $2,595 for six months.  This is with 4 cars and me, the wife, and 19 year old son on the policy.  2017 Hyundai Ioniq (liability only), 2018 Volvo XC90 (full coverage), 2022 Nissan Rogue (full coverage) and 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (full coverage).  This includes all the fabulous discounts I get including bundling my home insurance.  So, $7,000 per year for fucking car insurance.  Just got a quote from Geico and it was $4,300 or so for 6 months.  Any other companies I should look at before I lube up my butthole? 

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

It's my favorite time of year again.  Got my 6 month car insurance renewal from Progressive and it's gone up to $3,479 from $2,595 for six months.  This is with 4 cars and me, the wife, and 19 year old son on the policy.  2017 Hyundai Ioniq (liability only), 2018 Volvo XC90 (full coverage), 2022 Nissan Rogue (full coverage) and 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (full coverage).  This includes all the fabulous discounts I get including bundling my home insurance.  So, $7,000 per year for fucking car insurance.  Just got a quote from Geico and it was $4,300 or so for 6 months.  Any other companies I should look at before I lube up my butthole? 

I always defer to @C-Man and if he can’t he’s good about pointing you in the right direction 

2 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Happy to take a look. Our hands are really tied at the moment with regard to markets. Have we gone through this song-and-dance already? I've kicked the tires with so many Surlyites, it's hard to remember if we've already tried before. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address so you can send me renewal auto dec pages for Progressive. Do you have claims? Also, let me know how big the house is as that might open a few other doors for us.

On a happier note, based on a few back-and-forth EM's with @Dish Boggett above, I was able to help him positively resolve his umbrella situation.

• Hook 'Em 2

I sent your info to folks who are buying a $ 1mil house in Reunion Ranch (far SW Austin).

Inspected the roof today & found some issues with things like the synthetic deck & backed out screws for the railing, no drip edge (2"×2" metal is code)gutters need adjusting (ponding water), fascia paint is suffering... but no actual widespread roof damage.

20240429_155630.jpg

20240429_153718.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1