Dog door ?; RE: Colors that dogs notice

Dr Fear

So we got a new back door to the yard and it has a dog door on it. I only want to use it occasionally. They have an air conditioned room in the yard off the garage, so they don't need to be in during work hours.  There is a dog door to the room off the garage, so they think the one to the house is always open and they have been hitting it with their heads. My idea is to put colored duct tape on the dog door insert so they can see if it is closed, but I don't know what color to use.  I did some googling on the color spectrum dogs can see and I think that bright yellow may be the best bet.  Anyone have experience or thoughts about this?

On 2/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, Dr Fear said:

They have an air conditioned room in the yard off the garage, so they don't need to be in during work hours.  

What’s the setup for this?  So you air conditioned a dirt patch?  Or is it like a huge dog house..

Edited by Hook1997

Just now, Hook1997 said:

What’s the setup for this?  So you air conditioned a dirt patch?  Or is it like a huge dog house..

There is a detached garage with a small 35'x10'-ish room on the back that is not accessible from the garage.  It has a door that opens to the fenced yard.