Love Death + Robots modern day Heavy Metal?

Loco

Watched this whole series on Netflix.   I'm really reminded me of Heavy Metal blended with Twilight Zone.  If they had just worked in some Classic rock over the gorgeous animations it would be a new classic.   Without that element though it feels like they just missed.

Warning some episodes are very TV-MA  

yeah, I read through that but thought that the discussion got a little lost.   And frankly I think there could be a discussion of Season 1 (Is there going to be another season?)

My thoughts are that the show is strictly eye candy but a little bit shallow (or maybe a lot shallow)  It needed an iconic score (like Heavy Metal) but I guess Netflix isn't going to open up the purse strings on an unproven show.

Song pairings?

"Sonnie's Edge" - Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up

The only episode that I felt like there was more going on was "Beyond Aquila Rift" 

Spoiler

There is something going on with the order of the sleep pods and when they are opened.  The dude starts off on the far left, but after he sees the truth he wakes up in the middle and the far left sleep pod has a bio hazard sticker over it...  it's really fast.  I think "she" just keeps wiping his memory and try new configurations... but when he saw the "truth" the other pods where busted and occupied by corpses....  so what's really going on?   

Also, he is emaciated, is that from the routing error or is "she" feeding on him?

Or does "she" just want company in a lonely corner of space?

22 minutes ago, Loco said:

yeah, I read through that but thought that the discussion got a little lost.   And frankly I think there could be a discussion of Season 1 (Is there going to be another season?)

My thoughts are that the show is strictly eye candy but a little bit shallow (or maybe a lot shallow)  It needed an iconic score (like Heavy Metal) but I guess Netflix isn't going to open up the purse strings on an unproven show.

Song pairings?

"Sonnie's Edge" - Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up

The only episode that I felt like there was more going on was "Beyond Aquila Rift" 

Hide contents

There is something going on with the order of the sleep pods and when they are opened.  The dude starts off on the far left, but after he sees the truth he wakes up in the middle and the far left sleep pod has a bio hazard sticker over it...  it's really fast.  I think "she" just keeps wiping his memory and try new configurations... but when he saw the "truth" the other pods where busted and occupied by corpses....  so what's really going on?   

Also, he is emaciated, is that from the routing error or is "she" feeding on him?

Or does "she" just want company in a lonely corner of space?

id fuck that robot is all im saying

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...