Serious- Were the 90's in America legitimately idyllic?

Goo Punch

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Late 70s to early 80's were my golden years. Lived in a mobile home out in Hudson Bend on a ten acre piece of land my step dad bought when he retired from the military. Most of it was uncleared cedar and oak scrub. Walked down to the lake everyday for swimming and fishing. Dogs would tag along.

There were no jet skis, no party barges, none of that shit on the lake back then. Just a huge lake with hardly anybody on it and it seemed like we had it all to ourselves. After HS (early 80's), parents sold the land for a huge payday , and bought a house with an actual foundation in S. Austin. (They later sold that house for another huge payday and bought land in Kyle. Whenever she wants, my mother will be able to sell that for a huge yet another huge payday.)

Looking back, it was redneck hell, but to a kid/teen it was awesome. Now its probably a different kind of hell.

Back in the 70's, we used to bitch about the people from Houston coming to Lake Travis for the weekends.