Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Front 3 weren't great today by any stretch. TAA had one of his worst games in memory. Robbo saved our asses on a couple occasions, including a sliding block that almost certainly would've been a goal.

Sheffield battled like hell. I like their chances of staying up, especially if Mousset can find his legs. McBurnie looks like a guy who will give lesser CBs all they can handle.

Three points and get on the bus. Five points clear.

7 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Front 3 weren't great today by any stretch. TAA had one of his worst games in memory. Robbo saved our asses on a couple occasions, including a sliding block that almost certainly would've been a goal.

Sheffield battled like hell. I like their chances of staying up, especially if Mousset can find his legs. McBurnie looks like a guy who will give lesser CBs all they can handle.

Three points and get on the bus. Five points clear.

You brought up everything but our mid-table midfield. Fabinho is the only bright spot.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

You can be happy about the result but also honest about the squad. They're not mutually exclusive.

I guess but Henderson isn't going anywhere. Neither is Gini and I'm definitely okay with that. We've got Fabinho in there instead of Milner finally. So if you want to keep banging your head against the wall, it's not like we can stop you.

10 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Matip has been unreal this year. Regardless of how good you might think Joe Gomez can be, if Matip misses any significant time it will suck.

As the President and founding member of the Joe Gomez fan club, I'd certainly admit that Matip has certainly played superbly and done nothing to lose his spot.  That being said, the exact same could be said of Gomez the first part of last season as well.  Assuming he plays at a similar level, and there is no reason to belielve he wouldn't, how would that "suck"?  

Suck would be replacing Firmino with Bentecke, heck even having Adrian in for Alisson hasn't sucked.  

7 minutes ago, pied said:

As the President and founding member of the Joe Gomez fan club, I'd certainly admit that Matip has certainly played superbly and done nothing to lose his spot.  That being said, the exact same could be said of Gomez the first part of last season as well.  Assuming he plays at a similar level, and there is no reason to belielve he wouldn't, how would that "suck"?  

Suck would be replacing Firmino with Bentecke, heck even having Adrian in for Alisson hasn't sucked.  

If Gomez steps in and we don't miss a beat, great. He's looked less than stellar in his performances this year, though he's certainly a better player than he's shown. Progress is not always linear. 

The reason it would suck is that Gomez is the best backup for Trent, who's looked absolutely knackered of late. It's not ideal to have Gomez there, but unless we're gonna give Hoever minutes there, I don't think we have another option. Milner is a terrible RB, despite being just kinda bad at LB.

It also means we're one step closer to Lovren playing and means Virgil gets no rest, aside from the Carabao Cup. Gomez has missed 97 games through injury in 4 (and change) seasons at the club; I'm not confident of his durability.

Finally, Matip has legit looked like one of the best defenders in Europe and has finally shown what Klopp saw in him when we first signed him. He's great at stepping into the midfield and carrying the ball forward, and is a threat on set pieces. He's got 25 career goals; Gomez has yet to score in his career.

Regarding injuries, 67 of those games come from ACL and complications from that ACL recovery,  and 23 games last season from an ankle surgery due to a tackle.  Not many muscle/type injuries, but it is certainly something to watch.

Matip has had his injury issues as well, but has had more of the muscle type than what Gomez has suffered.  

VVD isn't getting rested regardless outside the EFL Cup games (assuming we're not kicked out) and potentially FA Cup games assuming we play minnows.  Don't think we rest TAA against any quality opponent either.

1 hour ago, pied said:

Regarding injuries, 67 of those games come from ACL and complications from that ACL recovery,  and 23 games last season from an ankle surgery due to a tackle.  Not many muscle/type injuries, but it is certainly something to watch.

Matip has had his injury issues as well, but has had more of the muscle type than what Gomez has suffered.  

VVD isn't getting rested regardless outside the EFL Cup games (assuming we're not kicked out) and potentially FA Cup games assuming we play minnows.  Don't think we rest TAA against any quality opponent either.

The key thing is we can't use the Milderson midfield. 

22 minutes ago, maninblack said:

The key thing is we can't use the Milderson midfield. 

Fabinho 100%, guessing Gini and I'd also say he'll pick Henderson.  Not sure Keita gets the start even if fit.  ~12:45 team news?

Edited by pied