Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

I'm not a Hendo hater but in games like today's, I have no idea what he brings to the table. Keita needs to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

I also wish we'd play a different formation when one of our front three – Salah in particular – is out. Hindsight and all that, but Origi in the starting XI really doesn't do it for me. He's much better as an impact sub and I wish we'd have played a diamond with Keita on in his place. 

Frustrating game but somewhat expected. Didn't help that Atkinson was an absolute tire fire.

Thought this was interesting from the Echo today.  Missed this part last week.  Still confused by a lot of the details of the Nike trial, but the way it's been reported there seems no way yo go back to NB.  

What are your thoughts on the Liverpool and New Balance kit trial? Why have Liverpool fought so hard on this?

It is really interesting, isn’t it? I think Liverpool have fought so hard for this because they feel - with some justification, it must be said - that they can earn a lot more than their current bottom line of £45m a year.

manchester united earn £75m annually from Adidas and given the respective states of the two clubs just now, on the pitch, it makes sense that the Reds should be asking for a similar ballpark.

New Balance, from their end, feel they can realistically match the £30m guarantee from Nike, but the intangibles on the table from the biggest sports manufacturer on the planet - such as the marketing of people like LeBron James and Drake - mean New Balance have an uphill task to effectively match what Nike are offering.

It will be fascinating to see what way this swings, but as the ECHO reported last week, the Reds already have next season’s kit designed by Nike waiting in the wings.

Will we ever get to see it Anfield though? We shall see.