Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Goal 1. Bad turnover by Henderson in midfield. Nice turn and finish by their striker

goal 2. Tracking back effort was pathetic, not sure I’ve seen in that bad before. Nice volley into the corner from their player at the top of the box. 

Goal 3. Rusty Gomez let’s a ball run across him for a tap in. 

Minutes 35-65 was a disaster. Couldnt string 2 passes together and were letting Salzburg our number us when the counter attacked. When we scored our 4th we were the better team for the rest of the game; which was promising because we looked on tilt the beginning of the second half. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Cool. We still have the second best midfield in the league. If Henderson is our worst choice then we are in pretty great shape

And without Fabinho it drops dramatically. There's plenty of individual talent around the league and world that would improve the talent level in the midfield. It's a glaring weakness. Gini is good player but has fewer touches than the GK on the year. I actually think playing next to Henderson obscures him but that's more theory because we don't see him without Henderson often. Henderson is what he is. Not bad, not good. Just meh. We need Ox and Naby to get up to speed quickly optimize this squad.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

And without Fabinho it drops dramatically. There's plenty of individual talent around the league and world that would improve the talent level in the midfield. It's a glaring weakness. Gini is good player but has fewer touches than the GK on the year. I actually think playing next to Henderson obscures him but that's more theory because we don't see him without Henderson often. Henderson is what he is. Not bad, not good. Just meh. We need Ox and Naby to get up to speed quickly optimize this squad.

No one is saying they can’t be better but to pretend we have anything other than one of the top mfs in the league is just false. 

And of course it gets worse without Fabinho. That’s literally applies to every club in the world. Maybe 2-3 clubs in the world can replace their top mf and not lose a beat. Our mf is not a weakness. It’s the weakest part of our squad but in case you haven’t noticed, that’s a pretty high bar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

No one is saying they can’t be better but to pretend we have anything other than one of the top mfs in the league is just false. 

And of course it gets worse without Fabinho. That’s literally applies to every club in the world. Maybe 2-3 clubs in the world can replace their top mf and not lose a beat. Our mf is not a weakness. It’s the weakest part of our squad but in case you haven’t noticed, that’s a pretty high bar.

We don't play through the midfield. Gini is a good player but is absent in a lot stretches of games. Henderson is a bang average player. Fabinho is world class. The fact you can say we have one of the top midfields in the league is a testament to Fabinho, lack of great midfields in the EPL atm and us not actually using the MF as a fulcrum for attack. If we put Gini + Milderson in there it's a significant weakness. We need Ox and K8A to come on fast.

Ox has to get the start over Henderson, whose legs looked like they'd fallen off by the time he was subbed off. Would also like to see Naby get some burn w/ the full side.

Wonder what kind of reception the Brodge is gonna get. I don't think there's much/any animosity toward him, especially given how close he was to delivering us a league title, but I also don't know if the crowd will be overly enthusiastic in their appreciation. He crashed and burned about as hard as you can, left the club in a bad spot with a bad squad, and he wasn't exactly gracious on his way out the door. And while I think it's a pretty harsh judgment of him, he has the reputation of being a bit of a fraud/buffoon. I still think he gets a warm reception, but I'd not be surprised if Anfield was on the tepid side in their welcome. 

9 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

tomorrow's match is our first true test in this EPL campaign.  Chelsea and Arsenal didn't worry me, really.  didn't think we were in danger of dropping points.  it could happen tomorrow if the boys aren't careful.  can't wait.

Agree. We have a difficult run coming up. Our weaknesses (midfield) will be exposed if they're not addressed. 

9 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Ox has to get the start over Henderson, whose legs looked like they'd fallen off by the time he was subbed off. Would also like to see Naby get some burn w/ the full side.

Wonder what kind of reception the Brodge is gonna get. I don't think there's much/any animosity toward him, especially given how close he was to delivering us a league title, but I also don't know if the crowd will be overly enthusiastic in their appreciation. He crashed and burned about as hard as you can, left the club in a bad spot with a bad squad, and he wasn't exactly gracious on his way out the door. And while I think it's a pretty harsh judgment of him, he has the reputation of being a bit of a fraud/buffoon. I still think he gets a warm reception, but I'd not be surprised if Anfield was on the tepid side in their welcome. 

I'd like to believe but it'll probably be Milner