isiah thomas and wnba

ButtFumble

clicked by this idiot and a couple of other clowns talking before tonight's Rockets game and his dumb ass opinion was that corporate America needs to step up and start supporting the wnba and then some other asshole on the set was talking about his "this younger generation" knows what a good product is out there on the floor and blah blah that was when I clicked on past

have either of these dumb shits ever actually watched the wnba and that horrible crap they throw out there

seriously trying to call out corporate America for not stepping up and supporting something that is shit quality and that no one watches and that makes no money

how about that asshole reach into his pocket and pay the players more or he can give up some show contract or TV commercial and instead tell them to give it to some wnba player no one has heard of

• Like 1

Women, or anyone, really.

Women just generally aren't going to support sports the way men do.  And that's fine, because the amount of money people blow on pro sports that they can't afford boggles the fucking mind.  Women have better sense than that.

And women's basketball just doesn't compare favorably with the men's game.

In men's sports, corporate money is icing on the cake for the owners.  In marginal sports like WBB, it just props it up until it either attracts viewers or fails.  In this case, fails.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I would think women actually showing up and supporting the sport would do more. He should call them out on that. 

Tons of corporate money in Women’s professional soccer. Hasn’t worked for them.  Same problem, women just aren’t buying it. 

That's the hot take that no one wants to say on national TV. Fuck it makes way too much sense. 

On 1/14/2020 at 8:19 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Women, or anyone, really.

Women just generally aren't going to support sports the way men do.  And that's fine, because the amount of money people blow on pro sports that they can't afford boggles the fucking mind.  Women have better sense than that.

And women's basketball just doesn't compare favorably with the men's game.

In men's sports, corporate money is icing on the cake for the owners.  In marginal sports like WBB, it just props it up until it either attracts viewers or fails.  In this case, fails.

Better sense?  I don’t know if I’d agree with that comment.