PRONG HORN

Ski Season 2020/2021

39 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, Upgrayedd said:
I’ll probably buy a surfboard.  It’s been a minute.  Hopefully it’s like riding a bike.  /drowns 

Don't dive off your board in unfamiliar water. My BIL went surfing in Costa Rica and drove off the board and broke his neck. He's lucky to be alive.

Good safety tip

I haven’t followed this very closely. Suppose I only want to take one ski trip this year and ski 3 days. Is there a good place I can do that without buying a full Epic or Ikon pass?

If I had my choice I would be interested in Big Sky or Telluride, but willing to consider other options.

You should look at the epic 4 day pass. With their insurance package this year you will get a refund if you can’t book / reserve your target dates by a certain dates (I forget, maybe early December), plus Covid shutdown coverage is baked in. I’m fairly certain buying that now will be a big savings versus buying 4 day walk ups. I think today is a deadline for getting bunch of buddy passes which could subside extra tickets for whoever you go with.

10 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

You should look at the epic 4 day pass. With their insurance package this year you will get a refund if you can’t book / reserve your target dates by a certain dates (I forget, maybe early December), plus Covid shutdown coverage is baked in. I’m fairly certain buying that now will be a big savings versus buying 4 day walk ups. I think today is a deadline for getting bunch of buddy passes which could subside extra tickets for whoever you go with.

This

Just looked into the Ikon Hall Pass.  4 days of skiing Mon-Friday.  If we go to Steamboat, will will ski Tues-Fri.  We really only wanted to ski for three days but at $75 a day, it might make more sense to just buy the Hall Pass. The young adults can ski 3 full days, 4 full days or whatever they choose.  They are not selling a 3 day pass or single day lift tickets.  I also can find a price of a single day lift ticket but if memory serves me right, $75 a day is a good deal?

Just looked into the Ikon Hall Pass.  4 days of skiing Mon-Friday.  If we go to Steamboat, will will ski Tues-Fri.  We really only wanted to ski for three days but at $75 a day, it might make more sense to just buy the Hall Pass. The young adults can ski 3 full days, 4 full days or whatever they choose.  They are not selling a 3 day pass or single day lift tickets.  I also can find a price of a single day lift ticket but if memory serves me right, $75 a day is a good deal?
75 is a good price. Are you sure they are still doing that? I didn't see it in the Ikon site.

The "hall pass" isn't for every Ikon Mountain.  I found it under Local Passes and then clicking on Steamboat.  

I just looked again and the Ikon Hall Pass isn't there anymore!  I have them in my cart to purchase but now I'm nervous.  I need the name/DOB of my daughters friend to finish my purchase!!  

The "hall pass" isn't for every Ikon Mountain.  I found it under Local Passes and then clicking on Steamboat.  
I just looked again and the Ikon Hall Pass isn't there anymore!  I have them in my cart to purchase but now I'm nervous.  I need the name/DOB of my daughters friend to finish my purchase!!  
Interesting. I know each mountain has some latitude in what they do, but it is my understanding that there will be no single day tickets sold this year. I know Ikon isn't selling 4 packs, either. Hope it goes through for you.

Frisco is hardly the woods.

Totally fair. I’m slinging around thoughts that make sense in my head about staying away from the resorts and off in one the surrounding towns, but WalMarts and Whole Foods fuck up my mental analogy. I do the locals epic pass and want the Keystone/Breck flexibility to maximize the chances of thwarting a jacked up holiday season.

On the COVID front, if Vail is limiting capacity and forcing social distancing, and we stay out of the lodges outside of bio breaks, and we maintain the basic safety measures, then I’m ready to ski.

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, bobcat1995 said:

Interesting. I know each mountain has some latitude in what they do, but it is my understanding that there will be no single day tickets sold this year. I know Ikon isn't selling 4 packs, either. Hope it goes through for you.

So, while waiting for the last name a DOB of my daughters friend, the website timed me out and emptied my cart.  When I went back to the Steamboat page, the "Hall Pass" was not listed.  I call customer service, spend way to much time on hold and explained what happened.  The guy on the phone said, that technically that deal had expired but they could still sell them over the phone!!!  Purchased 5 "Hall Pass Tickets"!!!!  $77 round trip airfare and $75 a day lift tickets!!

Now time to find a VRBO!!! 

I haven’t followed this very closely. Suppose I only want to take one ski trip this year and ski 3 days. Is there a good place I can do that without buying a full Epic or Ikon pass?

If I had my choice I would be interested in Big Sky or Telluride, but willing to consider other options.
Crested Butte. Minimal crowds, awesome mountain.

FYI, there's a Keystone-Crested Butte 4 day pass for $249 on the Epic site. Pretty nice deal.

Interesting. I did 3 days at Crested Butte this past season and the lift tickets were more than that. I would consider a repeat trip.