Bevo VIII

BIG is getting embarrassing

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Bring in USC, UCLA, AZ schools, and bring back CO and NU - then it’s game on! 16 teams with two divisions (E/W). That would be nice!

Kick Baylor out.  

I’d much rather drive 90 miles north than watch a game two time zones away. And anyone who thinks the original PAC 8 schools would break apart shows how little they know about football in other areas besides Big 12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

I’d much rather drive 90 miles north than watch a game two time zones away. And anyone who thinks the original PAC 8 schools would break apart shows how little they know about football in other areas besides Big 12.

I would rather have Hawaii than Baylor.

3 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

Really? I would be fine if I never had to drive through or stop in Waco for any reason for the rest of my life.

11 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

You obviously aren't aware USC threatened to bolt PAC in 1978: "Chuck, you will stand next to Jack Hubbard and say that UCLA is joining USC in withdrawing from the Pac-8 also."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/29/40-years-ago-the-arizona-schools-joined-the-pac-8-an-insiders-account-of-the-process-that-nearly-destroyed-the-conference/

Or didn't know of USC has stated all option on table, as of 2020: "Bohn indicated that USC would be willing to explore all options — even leaving the conference — if the financial picture doesn’t brighten in coming years."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/28/uscs-mike-bohn-talks-about-the-trojans-future-in-the-pac-12-and-does-it-with-remarkable-candor/

USC - lynchpin out west, if Trojans come, so will Bruins/ 'Cats/ Devils Utes/ Buffs & pals... (All that not to mention, PAC disbanded in 1959 too):  "The Pacific Coast Conference (PCC) was a college athletic conference in the United States which existed from 1915 to 1959."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Coast_Conference

Anyway, back to B1G/ Nebraska, there seems to be some real undercurrents of B1G trying to stick it to NU, for even wanting to play football at all (same as XII teams)...
This might end well, XII just needs to be patient, see how this plays out, as B1G GoR's is up in 2023/ PAC GoR's in 2024, those teams could declare entry to XII by 2025...