Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

• 2 weeks later...

My kid just found this video. Pretty cool. Andre Johnson clearly wishes the Texans would have drafted VY, too. He talks about how people were wearing VY Texans jerseys. Just from that angle alone, it was stupid for the Texans to pass on VY. They would have created a never-ending revenue stream of VY apparel sales. Hell, they'd have sold out the whole place with season tickets, too. He also talks about how Texans fans reacted to VY when he beat them in their own stadium with that OT run. I was there. It was insane.

Go to 1:18.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

My kid just found this video. Pretty cool. Andre Johnson clearly wishes the Texans would have drafted VY, too. He talks about how people were wearing VY Texans jerseys. Just from that angle alone, it was stupid for the Texans to pass on VY. They would have created a never-ending revenue stream of VY apparel sales. Hell, they'd have sold out the whole place with season tickets, too. He also talks about how Texans fans reacted to VY when he beat them in their own stadium with that OT run. I was there. It was insane.
Go to 1:18.

He could have been a monster somewhere he was wanted. The OT run was the only time I’ve seen him look like he was running as hard as he could.

How old was that interview? Looked like Andre Johnson was using damn AOL discs for his video chat.
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He could have been a monster somewhere he was wanted. The OT run was the only time I’ve seen him look like he was running as hard as he could.

How old was that interview? Looked like Andre Johnson was using damn AOL discs for his video chat.

Yeah that bold bit is how I've described it as well. And yeah, had he gone somewhere where they wanted him, knew what they had in him, and knew how to exploit his talents, he'd have re-written everything. I still maintain that he changed the way the QB position is played at every level.   Too bad he was never allowed to do then what NFL QBs are doing every weekend now. In the history of the NFL, there may be an example of a coach actively wasting a bigger talent than Fisher did with VY, but I sure can't think of one.

No idea what year the interview is from, but it was posted 2 years ago.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...