Survivor 41

Message Board User

Xander is an idiot for not making Erika make fire after watching her struggle.  I'm not super surprised that she won but I'm really surprised that it was a landslide vote.

Yeah, it had been clear ever since Deshawn and Danny wanted to throw a challenge to get Erika out that for some reason the edit of Erika’s game did not really line up with how the cast viewed her.

I didn't understand why Xander wouldn't have selected Heather to the final 3.

I casually watched this season and missed the last few episodes but I thought he was going to win against any of the other last 4. Obviously I was wrong. Still, I saw Heather as the weakest of the other 3 so why not bring her along.  Sure you give your strongest opponents the chance to pad their resume by winning the fire challenge but that is a downside of winning the last immunity.

I casually watched this season and missed the last few episodes but I thought he was going to win against any of the other last 4. Obviously I was wrong. Still, I saw Heather as the weakest of the other 3 so why not bring her along.  Sure you give your strongest opponents the chance to pad their resume by winning the fire challenge but that is a downside of winning the last immunity.

Pretty much what I was thinking as well.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I thought Heather was a goat but after watching some of the post show interviews and reading what contestants have posted on Twitter, Heather was a very dominant player who got a terrible edit. Xander brings her to the final 3 and he still doesn't get any votes.

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

I thought Heather was a goat but after watching some of the post show interviews and reading what contestants have posted on Twitter, Heather was a very dominant player who got a terrible edit. Xander brings her to the final 3 and he still doesn't get any votes.

She got off to such a slow, invisible start that I think it got stuck in our minds that she was just there for the vacation.  She actually picked it up a bit in the middle, both physically and strategically, and turned out to not be the terrible player we all thought she was.  

I just now watched it and am pleased with the result, as I've been on team Erika since she went to exile.  That said, like the rest of you, I was surprised by the dominating vote and by Xander giving her the free pass.  I thought that Xander carried himself well during the questioning, and expected him to at least make it close, but everyone really seemed to recognize Erika's game and rewarded her for it.  

It was probably the editing, as it has been terrible for evaluating gameplay all season, but it appeared that Deshawn was essentially a no show at final tribal.  In my opinion, he was a distant third, and I was glad to see that most votes were genuinely for gameplay and not to support a social agenda or personal grudge. 

I've said this already, but I enjoyed this season more than I thought I would.    

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...