Getting into the army

Jade

Took my walk of shame about a month ago. I had broken up with Matt and his new girl kept wanting to fight me. I really tried avoiding her. I got up earlier so I could get to chow sooner I changed my route to class left campus on the weekends. I got cornered in the bathroom and her girls watched the door. I didnt throw the first punch but I swung back. Someone recorded it and we got busted. I did walk away with a medical records certification though

You can take the girl outta heather glen, but you can’t take the heather glen outta the girl.
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Unless there's a high-casualty war going on, there are always lots of ways to not get in. I remember my recruiter bitching back in 87 about all the reasons they rejected people he signed up.
I enlisted in the AF in 87 and showed up at the MEPS in San Antonio in March of 88 for basic training. They asked about any run-ins with the cops and I told them I'd only had a bunch of speeding tickets. They wanted to know how many. I couldn't remember but thought it was 5 or 6. "Will which is it? If you have 6 in one year then you can't get in but if you have 5 you can." They called up to Austin to talk to somebody at the courthouse to find out but it was an election day or something and the office was closed so they put me back on the bus to Austin so I could go get a printout. Came back 2 days later with proof of 5 speeding tickets and started Basic Training the next day.
  • Like 1