Italian

Landomatic

We tried Amalfi this past weekend. Definitely a seafood focus so the menu is a little unique relative to your typical Italian place. Not the best Italian I’ve ever had but certainly a nice night out. The lemon sponge cake for dessert was a highlight - very good. Their dessert menu in general looked delectable and I’m not normally one to think of dessert as super memorable.

Kind of pricey ($185 for three courses and a few drinks each pre tip) but it’s also the first time we’ve been out to a nicer seafood place in a while so maybe that’s just the going rate these days.

IMG_4128.jpgIMG_4130.jpgIMG_4131.jpg

On 6/12/2022 at 6:47 PM, gmr548 said:

We tried Amalfi this past weekend. ... Kind of pricey ($185 for three courses and a few drinks each pre tip) but it’s also the first time we’ve been out to a nicer seafood place in a while so maybe that’s just the going rate these days.

They do a nice job at a much better price during Houston Restaurant Week.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 9:37 PM, tx 3 putt said:

https://www.fratellisristorantehouston.com/

neighborhood spot in Spring Branch, it was pretty damn good tonight. curious what other people think. great date spot 

Fratelli’s slams. Best lasagna in the city. It’s kind of a blue hair spot, but I love it all the same. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 12:52 PM, Smax said:

Was in town last week and took a lady friend to Potente. Hadn't been in awhile and it did not disappoint. We were having trouble deciding what to order and our waiter offered an off menu multi course tasting menu which included the foie gras spaghetti al tartufo nero and waygu filet all of it was amazing.

Not really traditional Italian but it was one of the better meals Ive had in awhile.

Highly reccomend

love that place 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Del Viste is a quieter, less showy option than Carrabba’s on Voss if you’re looking for good Italian food in Tanglewood/Memorial. 

I haven’t ordered anything on the menu I didn’t like. Lamb lollipops are terrific. I don’t really like salad, but their house salad works. I swing by quite frequently and grab it to go.