Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Relegated to the phone for viewing and thought we outplayed the pm over 90. Saw the xG was much more even than I would have thought to my naked eye and the stats. Three big points deserved. Guessing we make a lot of changes for the Arsenal game. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Klopp said Mo has the same ankle issue pop up again. Says it gets sore the more the game went along. I'd imagine he'll sit for Arsenal. Maybe we get some Keita and Ox on Wednesday. 

Most of our regulars will sit against Arsenal. Klopp cares about the carabao paints milk cup as much as he does a preseason game. 

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Matip out 6 weeks. Gomez better step up in training. I can't watch Lovren fuck shit up for that long.

They reported him at training this AM, weird. Of course now I can't recall who "they" was, but it seemed legit at the time.  

Totally unrelated to anything in here, but there’s really no where else to post it, and I wanted to share this with some folks who love Liverpool F.C. My wife & I were in England last month for two weeks. We took the train from Euston Sta. to Liverpool.  

We had only been in Liverpool about 1 hour, before taking the city bus to Anfield. Got there in about 15 minutes from the station near Albert Docks, but due to the lateness of the day, we were unable to make a tour. We paid to go through the Anfield Museum (I think £15 each). Lots of memorabilia there, and the Gerrard exhibit was amazing. 

Of course, my wife took a pic of yours truly, standing in front of all six Big Ears.

Afterwards, I got to walk completely around Anfield, thinking of the greats who had played there, and the crowds who witnessed football the way it’s meant to be played.

it was an amazing trip to truly one of the greatest venues in the world. I hope to go back one day, sit in the Kop, and sing YNWA with the Anfield choir.

• Like 7

It's a special place. Shame you couldn't see a match there as it's really enjoyable. My only regret when jive and I attended was not getting to walk the concourses more but you're so pressed for time there. The Anfield Museum is really great. Won't forget my time there. I want to go back when it's a European night. 

I get making changes and certainly get playing some kids playing time, but.....  I'm seeing Elliott, Neco Williams and van der Berg along with Kelleher already announced?    Why not just throw out the whole U23 squad as they'd have a little more chemistry.  

Could be a bunch of crap though too. 

26 minutes ago, pied said:

I get making changes and certainly get playing some kids playing time, but.....  I'm seeing Elliott, Neco Williams and van der Berg along with Kelleher already announced?    Why not just throw out the whole U23 squad as they'd have a little more chemistry.  

I want to see Van der Berg play. I know we want to compete for Trophies, but this is a great time to play the kids and the subs to get them some match time.

2 hours ago, pied said:

Lovren can't be risked with his injury history and City on the horizon. Happy to see Gomez and van der Berg get a run out together, and both have a lot of first-team experience considering their age. Kelleher was good vs MK Dons and has been told he'll get every Careless Cup game we play, though I could see us starting Alisson or Adrian if we make the final.

Speculation that Keita and Ox will start as well, which would be great to see. I get the argument that the U-23's might be more familiar with each other but we need some older heads in there. 

Curious how Arsenal are going to approach the match. Obviously the lowest of their priorities but Emery is feeling a bit of heat and would love a good result.

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

It's a special place. Shame you couldn't see a match there as it's really enjoyable. My only regret when jive and I attended was not getting to walk the concourses more but you're so pressed for time there. The Anfield Museum is really great. Won't forget my time there. I want to go back when it's a European night. 

They were in the midst of that 4-game road swing, and were playing Chelsea that day. When we left London, lots of Chelsea blue to be seen. When we got to Anfield, the game was about to start in the Anfield club (don’t remember the name), but the wife wanted to get back to town. 

The following Saturday, we were back in London. While the wife shopped at Harrod’s, I passed a pub that advertised it, about 5 minutes from our hotel, ‘The Barley Mow.’ I watched the thriller vs ShefU there, with a couple of LFC fans. Fun stuff, but yeah, I gotta go back someday.