Marvel Strike Force - Mobile

LonghornJudas

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah everyone gets auto-assigned to an alliance once you get to a certain level. Mine is Strike Team something or other (bunch of letters and numbers). I like how the raids are designed - kind of galactic war on steroids but pve. 

BTW, go to 10:10 of MobileGamer's new video and watch what Loki does. Pretty funny and catches him completely off guard: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 11:02 AM, Bigpoppapump said:

I played it for a few months. It was fun but this was during beta and they kept tweaking it in weird ways and made the pvp less and less fun, to the point where you basically had to have the meta.

Yeah I'm discovering that a bit myself - not as bad as ships in SWGOH but close. I just make a point to target teams with Crossbones on defense since the AI is stupid with him (taunting so you can kill him off before his explosion). Currently running Capt America, Gamorra, Quake, Yondu, and Night Nurse in arena and liking the results. I'll sub Drax for Night Nurse once I have him unlocked and geared. Yondu is great but sometimes RNG hates you when he summons his goons. 

Started playing this last week, up to level 29 now. I have a big group of gamers that I played with on Magic the Gathering Puzzlequest (about 200 players at peak), and about 30 of them jumped over to this game. It's a lot of fun, not too time consuming, and it's easy to play. If any of you are looking for an Alliance, and want to join a smart group of gamers who strategize for raids and events, let me know. It's part of the "Phoenix Family" but in this game the Alliances are all "TacoTuesday#" 

I don't see a way to invite people to the alliance, but request it by searching for the Alliance TacoTuesdayTwo and we can get you in.

I'm not quite sure how to invite you on discord though, I don't have rights to invite. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

On 4/19/2018 at 10:19 AM, Speedtrucker said:

You in an alliance?

I'm in one apparently but I can't tell what to do other than help on raids occasionally

The Dog joined my alliance if you want in, I can invite you. We only have 10 in this one, but our parent alliance is a full one that's clearing the level 50  raids. People get promoted/swapped occasionally based on schedules and power. It's a pretty good system, part of the "Phoenix Family." I have been gaming with them for over a year now, and have had a good run. Enjoyable folks that are a mix of try hards and casuals. Let me know if you want to join, or request to join TacoTuesdayTwo

• 1 month later...

Yeah, not sure what's happening, but i'll talk in discord and ruffle some feathers, this is so weird. May have to create a new discord server and move people over if they want to stay. All I did the past few days was push back on them taking one of our guys, aliensound. I said they shouldn't be allowed to do that if they aren't going to give us a replacement, since it sets us back significantly on the 50 raids. You must have 24 players to hit 100%, so losing 1 hurts badly. They didn't bother trying to find a replacement, and simply offered a second account from one of their guys to help. That's OK, but the idea is we want a good core of 24 people in both alliances. I guess they took that pushback poorly, and are now branching out into their own thing so they don't have to deal with us not giving them what they want, whenever they want. I may get kicked over this, but whatevs. 

Here's the message:

@everyone When we found out spesler was leaving, I am sure we all agree that the loyalty, respect and love we have for him was the glue keeping us together. I am sure most of you noticed that our team was quickly dividing into two groups that approach this game in different ways. My feelings were confirmed when I found out how many were wanting (and going) to leave. I know all of you would agree with me on the fact that trying to keep as many of us together as we could was the best way to go. That being said, there are 14 of us that will be joining/merging with a highly competitive alliance. Unfortunately, if you are hearing this for the first time, there is not enough room for you in the most competitive team. The good news is, they do have another team. It is still highly competitive, and works just like our current one. Their 10 people need 14 people from us if you are interested. They are roughly 85-100k in Stp. We may not be on the same team, but we would be in the same server, and have the structure and communication within the game that so many of us miss from back in Phoenix days. This structure will get us to be healthy, active and successful like it did in MTGPQ. I hope that when the dust settles, and the emotions subside, that you consider following us and trying to keep the Phoenix family as together as possible. We can rise again from this, as we always have before.(edited

They offered for us to join, and bring the whole crew to the new place, but after what Aliensound was saying, I don't think we want to be a part of that. They are going to be super competitive, and some of their people are going to be moved up into Khasino's (twitch streamer guy) A team alliance. A lot of them will be in the B team alliance, but have the same requirements for daily tickets, raid completion, etc. I looked into it, but it just seems like too much trouble to uproot everyone. Not sure how sustainable our current setup is, but whatever, we'll ride it for now. 

From what I can gather, there were several "underperformers" who were not meeting daily requirements, raid completions, etc. Rather than dealing with or replacing those 3-4 people in MSF, they just bolted, but only the 15 or so that have been playing together forever.  I could have gone with them, but didn't, cause I think they went about this the wrong way, but I do understand wanting to be in a more competitive structure. The game definitely rewards you for completing raids faster, and completing the event raids is a big deal. 

We'll see how this goes. They may be back in a week, who knows. 

I wasn't offered to join so I guess that I was one of the "underperformers". Even if offered I would have told them to fuck off. 

and based on some of the comments in discord I'd say most of that gang is appallingly tone-deaf. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Haha 1

You weren't one of the underperformers, those people were the ones not finishing raid lanes or always needing someone to remind them to do it. Apparently it was 2 people, not 3-4, my bad. I really don't get the overall decision though, you could have just announced the migration and asked if anyone didn't want to move. Take those that stay, and swap as needed, but what do I know. Pretty stupid to kick good people like you, alien, Ragnar, niftyc, etc. They ended up taking back those last two

Anyways, I'm in talks with another group to join their structure as a partner alliance, not a A/B/C... thing where we get raided/poached. They would work with us, let us keep this group intact, and help us recruit to fill holes as needed. I don't really want to stay on that discord server, as just seems odd to not have any control over it, and have all those MSF people looking at our conversations. I think a new location would be a good start, but a few people still have ties to the MSF group. 2 of their wives are in our alliance, which is odd, since they left them behind. Goobert and I will figure it out though, shouldn't be too hard, just need to make 1 last swap to get moose in, and we'll be stable. 

• Like 1

agreed. it's really awkward being on that server. 

we could always create a Surly one on the Shaggy SWGOH server but we'd need @Speedtrucker to ask how they would feel about that - I could also reach out to them myself. It all depends on where you all want to go with this. I'm willing to help any way I can. 

well I'm thinking we want to be with another MSF game group, and this group The Beyonders has 2 full alliances already.  We would join them, have our own discord channels, and be able to chat in their public channels about whatever. They seem really nice, their leaders would work with us on whatever we need, and it should be fairly smooth if everyone accepts the discord link.  It wouldn't change much for us, but give us new people to work with as needed. Goobert and I are discussing it and will propose it to the group if he's cool with it. 

• Like 1

So Khasino's stream has Seifer on to talk about what happened. It's running right now if you want to catch up on drama:  https://twitch.tv/khasino

Basically, they thought they were merging with another hyper competitive alliance to make 2 alliances. 1 for the uber competitive people that spend like $100+ a month on this game, and another for those who have been playing since launch, and are very good, but don't spend much. Problem is, their group did the same thing ours did, but even worse, because they didn't announce anything. They just bailed on their old group to join the 10 spots left open in MSF from our alliance. This did not go over well, as you can imagine, so they booted the guys who ruined the Khasino B team.  

Idea now, we can join the Khasino Group and become their D team or whatever, but it would really just be a network/community thing. It would be super easy to recruit with him over our umbrella, and we could stick with all our friends. I think that's probably what we will do, as his resources will make management of the alliance and community much much easier. We would be with some of the MSF folks too, but they will be in the C team, so you don't have to go to their alliance if you don't want to. There will also be a bunch of new people from the other groups.