Highland Park vs Dallas Jesuit fracas

Helobious

On 8/12/2019 at 3:43 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am a Strake man myself...So apart from this fray, but my father in law moved to Houston from Dallas (SMU grad from Shreveport by way of New Orleans) because Dallas law firms were not hiring Catholics back in the day. Team DJ on this one. 

I forgot about how big law was segregated for so many years.  The old white shoe NY firms didn't hire Jews until something like the 70's or 80's, IIRC.  Houston firms, relatively speaking, have been more accepting over the years.  Dallas was the wasp capital of the southwest.  I know some good Catholics who just "had" to become Presbyterian or Methodist once they moved to the Park Cities.

1 hour ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

In my day the cream of the crop Ursuline and Hockaday girls dated college guys. Has that changed? Seemed that senior high school guys mostly had to date juniors from somewhere else. Senior chicks were out dating guys 21-24.

The senior girls dating whoring themselves out to 24 year olds was not exclusive to white supremicist high schools.  It was also the norm with Cholas and African American girls at lower socio-economic high schools.  Smitty the LAX player and his gang banging contemporaries would do well to remember.  Your dick wasn't enough then and it sure as shit ain't now.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 5:55 PM, jdhorn92 said:

Greenhill in the late 80's and early 90's was basically a bunch of Jewish girls and  2/3 of the Dixie Chicks, but mostly Jewish girls. Ursuline had the hotter crew,  and from my experience, Hockaday the better party crowd.

in my day, the saying "ursuline to bed, hockaday to wed" was in circulation. i didn't really know any hockaday girls, but can definitely affirm the first part of that sentence. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:57 PM, Lobo said:

The senior girls dating whoring themselves out to 24 year olds was not exclusive to white supremicist high schools.  It was also the norm with Cholas and African American girls at lower socio-economic high schools.  Smitty the LAX player and his gang banging contemporaries would do well to remember.  Your dick wasn't enough then and it sure as shit ain't now.  

question mark wtf GIF

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

in my day, the saying "ursuline to bed, hockaday to wed" was in circulation. i didn't really know any hockaday girls, but can definitely affirm the first part of that sentence. 

The only Hockaday girl I know went to UT and um, yeah, that was backwards in her case.