2018 MMA discussion

ajax

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/3/17314780/leslie-smith-files-labor-complaint-against-ufc-because-no-person-entity-above-the-law-mma

Wahh they fired me for trying to take over the company

Smith is behind Project Spearhead, “a democratic, fighter-led organization wherein fighters make all Association decisions, including hiring professionals and Association governance free from outside influence.”

UFC and ESPN+ reach a deal.  

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/23440573/ufc-espn+-reach-multiyear-media-rights-agreement

he Walt Disney Company and UFC have reached a multiyear deal to bring exclusive live UFC Fight Night events to ESPN+, effective January 2019.

ESPN announced the new partnership Tuesday. The deal, which is the first media-rights agreement between ESPN and UFC, calls for up to 15 live "UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night" events per year, with 12 bouts on each card.

"UFC is a premier global sports property with legions of incredibly avid fans," ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro said. "We are excited to be able to bring their world-class events and content to ESPN+ and ESPN Networks. This agreement shows the commitment we have to delivering fans the very best across our entire platform."

In addition to live events, ESPN will air UFC content across multiple platforms, including a 30-minute special prior to every UFC pay-per-view event. Re-airs of previous fights will also be made available on ESPN platforms.

ESPN+ will also carry the UFC's Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series, beginning in June 2019.

"I couldn't be more excited to partner with The Walt Disney Company and ESPN on an agreement that will continue to grow our sport," UFC president Dana White said. "UFC has always done deals with the right partners at the right time and this one is no exception. We will now have the ability to deliver fights to our young fan base wherever they are and whenever they want. This deal is a home run for ESPN and UFC."

The Walt Disney Company launched ESPN+, its direct-to-consumer platform, last month. The UFC will continue to operate its direct-to-consumer platform, UFC Fight Pass, as well.

The UFC is coming off a seven-year, exclusive media rights deal with Fox, which was signed in 2011. That deal placed the UFC on network television for the first time in its relatively young history. The UFC was founded in 1993.

1 minute ago, spystud13 said:

My stream above is fucking clean. 

Fucking DESTROYED him with a left front kick to the chin. Vitor was asleep before he hit the mat. 

Using your stream now. Damn front kick, just like Couture?

That actually kind of blows me away. She has a broken nose, and she clearly wants no part of the 5th round. Even if you know it’s a bad look, you have to throw in the towel if your fighter is saying out loud that she doesn’t want to continue. Like, how about you get your bitch ass out there and fight this monster, because I’m done.

side note, my god Amanda is scary. Her v cyborg has to happen as soon as the fighters are healthy.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

6 hours ago, Chief21 said:

I thought that kid was done and bang....knee bar

Ha, just saw the replay. That was the very first fight on Fight Pass, they just had to show it on the prelims to kill time.

Another good free card, minus the headliner.