2018 MMA discussion

ajax

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Could easily see this one going to decision too. Damn, this card really needed Holloway v Ortega 

This could be one of those fights you are glad to see go 5 rds though. Should be an interesting fight I think. 2 of the best of all time imo.

Edited by Surlybastard

6 minutes ago, Surlybastard said:

This could be one of those fights you are glad to see go 5 rds though. Should be an interesting fight I think. 2 of the best of all time imo.

Oh without a doubt. I respect the hell out of DC, but it would be hard for anyone to argue that he’s an exciting fighter 

Caught him with his weight moving slightly forward and that was it. Jones key to beating Cormier was his kicks could always force DC to start moving from about 6-8 ft away and would immediately clinch if they got close. Miotic was too close and kept getting popped by DC's jabs.

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Happy for DC man. Seems like a great guy, but his career was defined by Jon jones in a lot of ways. Big time shit right there 

Jones is just the physical type of length, speed, and power that is too much for DC at LHW. Would love to see it against a 246 lbs DC who just knocked out a great HW

• Like 1

What the fuck was that shit??
Did they have it planned for Stipe to call out Brock if he had won?
When is the contract with USADA over? Last time Brock fought they gave him a steroid exemption.
What a fucking clown show. I'm all for super fights but this is the wrong way to go about it.

• Like 1

After the post fight presser, I respect Derrick Lewis even more. He was already one of my favorite fighters, and he in the post fight, he was very honest about how he felt. Dana said it best, “Derrick gets a pass for tonight. When was the last time you’ve seen him in a boring fight. This was on Ngannu”

or something like that lol. Not a direct quote, but i respect Lewis for calling it like it is, and not saying “i don’t care about the fans, I got the win. That’s all that matters” because a lot of guys would’ve done that.

2 hours ago, drifter379 said:

What the fuck was that shit??
Did they have it planned for Stipe to call out Brock if he had won?
When is the contract with USADA over? Last time Brock fought they gave him a steroid exemption.
What a fucking clown show. I'm all for super fights but this is the wrong way to go about it.

completely planned.  brock got off his cycle because he was preparing for a superfight anyway with jon jones.  dana/ufc sanctioned that shit.

i hate brock the wwe character.  i hate brock the athlete (for the drogs).  i actually like brock the person because outside of a few promo pieces like that ring stunts, he keeps it very real.  

that said, its embarassing that DC built his half his platform on the jon jones drama, comes off a MONUMENTAL victory, and immediately plays into this charade.

i wouldnt mind him getting this payday then retiring... but atleast give it a week or 2 after you just dethroned the most successful HW of all time

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

completely planned.  brock got off his cycle because he was preparing for a superfight anyway with jon jones.  dana/ufc sanctioned that shit.

i hate brock the wwe character.  i hate brock the athlete (for the drogs).  i actually like brock the person because outside of a few promo pieces like that ring stunts, he keeps it very real.  

that said, its embarassing that DC built his half his platform on the jon jones drama, comes off a MONUMENTAL victory, and immediately plays into this charade.

i wouldnt mind him getting this payday then retiring... but atleast give it a week or 2 after you just dethroned the most successful HW of all time

I'm a 100% DC nuthugger and I want him to give up the LHW belt and just stay at HWT until he retires in March. No more weight cuts, just cruise into the sunset after beating Brock and cashing that big-ass check.

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm a 100% DC nuthugger and I want him to give up the LHW belt and just stay at HWT until he retires in March. No more weight cuts, just cruise into the sunset after beating Brock and cashing that big-ass check.

there is no way in hell he ever weighs under 235 ever again...i have no idea how he got down to 205. he was joking on one of the pre-fight interviews that if you weighed him the day after Thanksgiving he would be about 270. he could have at least 2 or 3 big paydays left if things go well...Brock, Stipe rematch, Jones even maybe...     

Heavyweight Cormier looked like he ate a couple of LHW cormiers for breakfast.  Dude was like dadbod on diabetes.  Hard to imagine a guy that looks like that taking out what was the most successful and best boxer in UFC HW history

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Heavyweight Cormier looked like he ate a couple of LHW cormiers for breakfast.  Dude was like dadbod on diabetes.  Hard to imagine a guy that looks like that taking out what was the most successful and best boxer in UFC HW history

And first round KO by DC had to be one of the least likely outcomes. But clearly he loses power when he goes down to 205. Really makes you wonder what his career would’ve looked like if he stayed at HW.

11 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Have to keep in mind that at that weight all it takes is one clean shot. Miocic wasn't prepared to defend the style DC was using. DC just kept nailing him with those jabs because Miocic wasn't keeping enough distance and prob underestimated Cormier's power to some degree. Jones uses kicks to keep Cormier at a safe distance and wears him down and clinches if they get close. Miocic wasn't doing either though kicks aren't really in his repertoire. 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:18 AM, 52-80 said:

huh????

And Brock won't get passed USADA. They might as well book DC/Jones at HW so DC can lose again.

What do y'all think about Romero calling DC out for the LHW title??