2018 MMA discussion

ajax

I feel the same way. Till is only hyped because he's fighting a weight class lower than his natural weight class.

Thompson agreed to fight if Till weighs in no more than 188 on the day of. It'll be interesting to see if he can make it. That's 17 lbs over the weight class but he might still struggle. 

shouldve been a draw, or a 48-47 for till at best.  nooo fucking way 49-46 * 2 was a valid score.  

then again, thomsons fault for not being more aggressive after being knocked down... even if counterstriking is his style.  hes fighting on the road in a close 5 round fight...gotta take it in his hands

16 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Benavides/Pettis & Guida/Oliveira on Fight Pass, Rashad & Ricardo Lamas on the free undercard, yet CM Punk is on PPV. 

Jesus fuck. 

Punk won't last past 90 seconds... so maybe one of the better Fight Pass fights gets shown if another fight on the PPV is a quickie.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 2:40 AM, Archer said:

when i saw "brooks" i seriously thought it was cm punk... totally plausible to see him knock himself out with a silly slam

2 hours ago, ajax said:

Apparently Till went temporarily blind during his weight cut. We've got fighters missing weight more and more often now. This is going in a bad direction. 

More weight classes?

Maybe they force a schedule on the fighters to get them in the range a bit more early so it's not insane weight cuts going on. 

It's also dangerous because when you dehydrate yourself a ton the brain has more of a chance of getting concussed. It takes like 3 days to re hydrate the brain. 

2 hours ago, ajax said:

Apparently Till went temporarily blind during his weight cut. We've got fighters missing weight more and more often now. This is going in a bad direction. 

For some reason I thought UFC was going to a system where you were weighed frequently and had to be within a certain percentage to fight in order to eliminate the drastic weight cuts.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, Sidney Sherman said:

More weight classes?

Maybe they force a schedule on the fighters to get them in the range a bit more early so it's not insane weight cuts going on. 

It's also dangerous because when you dehydrate yourself a ton the brain has more of a chance of getting concussed. It takes like 3 days to re hydrate the brain. 

I feel like that’s the only way. The smaller weight classes have figured it out, but when you have such a large gap between lightweight, welter, middle, light heavy, and heavyweight, guys are going to do whatever they can to be the bigger man in these fights. Either way, I’m still pretty excited about this card, which means it’ll probably let me down. 

3 minutes ago, ajax said:

Holm is clearly more skilled than Anderson but Anderson is so big and has a good chin. Anderson would be kind of hot without the stupid tattoos. 

I thought she looked good in her interview but she’s huge. Holly is fucking her up though. I’ve never seen this wrestling/Ground and Pound from holly 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Got a gif? I didn’t see the fights.

it was a boxing guard. His right (power) hand was up by his cheek and his left was draped across his face like count Dracula. 

Whittaker just got dropped but he's fighting through it.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

I got Romero the last 2. He's winning me over. 

I was rooting for Whittaker but those kicks to the side of the knee are dirty as fuck. Potentially career ending. 

Edited by ajax

2 minutes ago, ajax said:

I got Romero the last 2. He's winning me over. 

I was rooting for Whittaker but those kicks to the side of the knee are dirty as fuck. Potentially career ending. 

That’s exactly what Romero did to him last fight if I’m not mistaken. So it’s payback. Tough fight to score 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1