Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It used to be that a 5th or higher squad would knock the 4th place squad out of the following season’s Champions League and the 3rd place team would have to play their way into the group stage. 

Arsenal (3rd) laughed at Tottenham (4th) as they slid over to the play-in spot when Chelsea (?...6th maybe) won last time. Something like that. 

They changed the rule a year or two later that would have allowed the 4th place team to stay in the play-in spot.

There have been a change or two since that I haven’t followed closely, plus the Super League fiasco just happened, so if all of the EPL clubs cower to UEFA, there might be another alteration this summer.  

So I would say that I don’t believe that the 5th place squad would make it if the champion is in the Top 4, but that could change by mid-July.

What happens if say, and I'm talking full hypothetical here, Chelsea were to drop to 5th but win the Final against City? Would #4 still get in?

You can only gave 5 teams from epl per the current rules....

So if epl wins Europa and Chelsea win CL but drops to 5th then 4th is out....

Top 3
Chelsea(CL winner)
Europa winner

4th place team out....

Edit...wasn't aware final was set already...since manu is top 3 then 4th should still get in regardless

On 5/11/2021 at 9:52 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Good luck Gini. He's been as solid a player as LFC has ever had. Hate to see him go but I have faith that our midfield of Ox, Naby, and Shaq will be solid!

More than happy to see Gini go after these last two seasons.

Is Gareth Southgate the dumbest manager in world football? Trent is the fucking best player on the England roster. 
After this year I hope all national managers are as dumb as Southgate.....rest all the LFC players

Let's get 4th and win the double next year