Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

I really think it's time for Michael Edwards and Klopp to explore their options in replacing Mane. He's a shell of his former self. If they can find a suitable replacement, they should move on. I love Sadio but I fear his best days might be behind him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

VAR sucks/handball rule sucks

in what world is that handball?

First part doesn't apply here. I think that's the current rule so the problem wasn't VAR on that one. And as everyone knows I'm not a Liverpool fan. The rule specifically says "even if accidental":

It is an offence if a player: 

scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
scores in the opponents’ goal
creates a goal-scoring opportunity

It needs to be changed.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

I really think it's time for Michael Edwards and Klopp to explore their options in replacing Mane. He's a shell of his former self. If they can find a suitable replacement, they should move on. I love Sadio but I fear his best days might be behind him. 

It’s a worry but I also think we need to make some tactical adjustments over there. Teams have focused on cutting the supply to Sadio from Robertson especially the long passes up the sideline. Sadio has much less space to work with. That said, he’s been awful.

This is the lineup if today actually happens.

Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Fabinho, Thiago, Milner; Salah, Mane, Firmino

Substitutes: Adrian, R.Williams, Tsimikas, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Shaqiri, Jota

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Fabinho, Thiago, Milner; Salah, Mane, Firmino

Substitutes: Adrian, R.Williams, Tsimikas, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Shaqiri, Jota

Is there a reason that Jota never starts? He and Salah are by far our most dangerous forwards. 

Seeing some chatter on Twitter that the match has been postponed