Economic outlook

Redpuma

Depends on timeline and scope of tax reform IMO.  From what I’m hearing, one of the first items on the tax reform agenda (outside of what’s published) will be the removal of IDC deductions. 

The increased corporate rate and GILTI increase will have the biggest effect but won’t be as bad if it’s not done until 2022. Hopefully Biden focuses on social agenda items first and by 2022 things return to the new normal as far as manufacturing and oil and gas demand to help offset tax changes.

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Depends on timeline and scope of tax reform IMO.  From what I’m hearing, one of the first items on the tax reform agenda (outside of what’s published) will be the removal of IDC deductions. 

The increased corporate rate and GILTI increase will have the biggest effect but won’t be as bad if it’s not done until 2022. Hopefully Biden focuses on social agenda items first and by 2022 things return to the new normal as far as manufacturing and oil and gas demand to help offset tax changes.

Why would there be any tax reform at all?  You think there’s any way The Turtle is going to hike taxes in a Senate he owns? 
During a recession? Not. A. Chance.

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why would there be any tax reform at all?  You think there’s any way The Turtle is going to hike taxes in a Senate he owns? 
During a recession? Not. A. Chance.

Runoffs, no? Even with republicans in control of the senate I still think there will be changes passed.