Welcome to Texas Coach Sark.....

Rip76

26 minutes ago, Beer Horn said:

This is so true 

to quote the great Bum Phillips 

“There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired. “

very few times do you see it not happen

I used to work for a guy that said he never had to fire anyone, they all resigned first. I refer to that a lot, as those that read the tea leaves take a more progressive stance and step aside before it gets so bad that they need to be removed. Its partly what makes them successful.

9 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

I used to work for a guy that said he never had to fire anyone, they all resigned first. I refer to that a lot, as those that read the tea leaves take a more progressive stance and step aside before it gets so bad that they need to be removed. Its partly what makes them successful.

That’s how it is in a lot of jobs but there aren’t many head coaches today with their salary going to step down

Edited by Beer Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Sure there are some good coaches in that list, but if Saban is truly the greatest college coach of all time I would have expected a stronger showing. 

His 23-0  record vs former assistants cracks me up. You would think he might slip up one time. Nope. Not Nick.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Sure there are some good coaches in that list, but if Saban is truly the greatest college coach of all time I would have expected a stronger showing. 

It’s absurd to factor in what assistants did elsewhere when determining Saban’s greatness, but if you really felt strongly about doing it wouldn’t it point more towards his greatness that he was able to get more out of them than they were able to produce on their own?