2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Just saw the finish, holy shit...

What do people think the scorecards would have been if it had gone one more second?

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

Easily unanimous decision, probably all 49-46, maybe one or two 48-47's if you follow my flawed theory.

Holloway was easily winning.  I suppose someone could have been generous and given Gaethje a round if they wanted, but Max dominated the whole fight....and then punctuated it with 1 second to go.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Just saw the finish, holy shit...

What do people think the scorecards would have been if it had gone one more second?

It was 50-45 Max and he risked it all to bang

• Hook 'Em 1

83j1ef18beuc1.jpeg

Edit: Also heard in the post-fight Max Holloway interview that somehow the knockdown was somehow officially not scored a knockdown, so my understanding is Max has still never even been knockdown-ed. Insane. Finished via armbar by Poirier.

Edited by JohnnyRage

6 hours ago, Zeus said:

It was 50-45 Max and he risked it all to bang

I thought Justin won Rd 4, so 49-46 imo, but your main point still stands.  Max had no reason to take that risk against a guy who throws bombs like Justin, and he did it because he's a warrior and a showman.  Amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I thought Justin won Rd 4, so 49-46 imo, but your main point still stands.  Max had no reason to take that risk against a guy who throws bombs like Justin, and he did it because he's a warrior and a showman.  Amazing.

To be the best you gotta fight the best and the best is blessed bruddah

What an event. Well worth the PPV buy.  The fact that you had two former champs in Garbrandt and Figuereido leading off the early prelims was insane. 

Holloway and Gaethje. Dang. That spinning kick to break JGs nose obviously changed JGs plan. You could tell he couldn’t breathe and was trying his darndest to not let his nose get touched. Max looked fantastic and that finish?  Unreal. Loved to see it, but hated to see JG face down on the mat for so long. 

Poatan is just a scary human being. Advising Herb to stand back then landing the KO right after was amazing.

Is Charles done?  Not that old but has a lot of mileage. He needs to rethink being able to pull guard on these dudes that are just so strong on the ground. Thought he had him twice though. Arman clearly won every minute in between though. Still, always love to watch Do Bronx fight. 

They need to match up Nickal with Khamzat to eliminate one of them from relevance. Hopefully Whitaker can do that to Khamzat first. 

I thought Jiri was going down and he came back and took out Rakic. Good on him. Probably matches up with Jamahal now I would think. 

301 looks terrible so I bet they try to shoehorn Poatan on that card to try and save it. Probably not enough time though. 

• 2 weeks later...