Sell me a forklift

I went through this 2 years ago, and got a Toyota.

The local dealers all dropped off their model for a test drive by my warehouse guys. 3 dealers. I let the warehouse manager pick what he liked.

Less visual interference with the Toyota was what he liked over the Nissan (they go by some other name now).

16 hours ago, markstanco said:

I went through this 2 years ago, and got a Toyota.

The local dealers all dropped off their model for a test drive by my warehouse guys. 3 dealers. I let the warehouse manager pick what he liked.

Less visual interference with the Toyota was what he liked over the Nissan (they go by some other name now).

Datsun??

Also OP, make sure you can turn the speed down.  They come from the factory set at warp speed. I turned them down to 7 mph and the warehouse guys still hit pallet racks.  

This was a few years ago, and he got fired.  OSHA LOVES when you drive around with the lift raised all the way to the top.  The forks hit the rolled up overhead door, so it didnt make 2 holes in the door, it made 8 holes.  Play close attention to the camera how it shakes.  The camera is a good ways away, it is on the opposite side of a 10,000 Sq Ft warehouse. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Also OP, make sure you can turn the speed down.  They come from the factory set at warp speed. I turned them down to 7 mph and the warehouse guys still hit pallet racks.  

This was a few years ago, and he got fired.  OSHA LOVES when you drive around with the lift raised all the way to the top.  The forks hit the rolled up overhead door, so it didnt make 2 holes in the door, it made 8 holes.  Play close attention to the camera how it shakes.  The camera is a good ways away, it is on the opposite side of a 10,000 Sq Ft warehouse. 

That has already happened to me.  One of my guys "forgot" the forks were all the way up and completely demolished a roll up door.

$15/hour guy cost $3,800.00.  That's 253.33 work hours.  6.33 forty-hour work weeks.  

He doesn't work here anymore.

That has already happened to me.  One of my guys "forgot" the forks were all the way up and completely demolished a roll up door.
$15/hour guy cost $3,800.00.  That's 253.33 work hours.  6.33 forty-hour work weeks.  

How TF that is possible is beyond me. I can guarangotdamntee you I have more on my mind when I get on the lift than he did. Nice kid, the nicest. But common sense even with that dumb osha training went out the door. Or in the door. Whatever.

Ha, we think similar on work hours vs cost.

I fired a credit manager that continued to show up 5, 10, 15 minutes late and would justify by taking half a lunch for a while. I sat her down on the final warning and explained 15 minutes each day is the equivalent of 1.5 weeks of vacation and is that fair for the company for her to do that. She didn't get the math, and a few weeks later she rolled in at 815 and went home at 820. 28 year old single mom who got a mile of rope but never got it.

That’s who we use. That guy in the video is a dipshit. He never even looked up at the forks until he hit.
That female mechanic came in to replace the forks with some a little longer when we bought it. She threw both of them over her shoulders and walked 200 feet like that.

Her girlfriend must be proud.

I had a job the summer before my freshman year driving a forklift at the warehouse of a large furniture retailer.  It paid $2 more per hour than anything else I could find.  I received about 15 minutes of training from a guy that I am pretty sure was a serial child molester.  Warehouse had 4 levels.  2nd day on the job I got a ticket to pull a large China cabinet off of the 4th level.  Dropping a very heavy object made of wood and glass from 30 feet makes a much louder noise than you would think it would.  Thought I was gonna get fired, but nobody cared.  That’s all I got about forklifts.

• Like 1