2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

No surprise - Cabello is in the portal.  Her fate was basically sealed when Elliot went out and found an All-Pac 12 setter.   She hasn't played since September 12 versus ND.  

With Jhenna graduating and SKT here, and Swindle en route in 2023, there was just no spot for her. 

It kind of scares me to death, so to say - that's 2 consecutive #1 ranked setters who didn't do jack shit for Texas (Shook and Cabello).  I hope Swindle doesn't continue the curse.  It also means Swindle will be the only setter on roster in 2023, barring Texas finding a Gabriel to walk-on at a DS position or us recruiting someone else / using the portal. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

I bet Louisville gets some 1st place votes this week with their win over #4 Pitt

The Championship Committee revealed their top 10, and put Louisville at #1 and Texas at #2. (Also, Baylor is at #8)

Edited by texfan11

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

God it was irritating, but this emphasis on the tough serving has really paid off.

It’s still irritating at times. A Parra or Logan or Iosia error long or in the net makes sense.  When Petersen or Gabriel just serve in the net, it drives me insane. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We likely locked up a top 4 seed with the win if we don’t drop a match to our last 3 victims, I mean conference opponents (Tech, KSU, OU). 

Win tomorrow and we basically clinched the conference.  We have a lot of leeway with the win tonight - a split doesn’t help Baylor much there bc of their loss to Tech 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pressley and Skinner are legit but you're not beating Texas if you don't set the middle at all. Texas is too athletic and good at the net. 

Texas just has to take away one of Pressley and Skinner and it's lights out. Tonight it was Pressley that Texas focused on. Skinner can't play any better than she did tonight and it didn't make a difference at all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Was this the first match that Iosia brought the jump serve back? I think this was the most consistent and effective serving she has had as a Longhorn.

Tonight, Baylor’s serve receive broke down during important points, but IMO Baylor is missing a well rounded offense - When they beat us in 2019, their middles and right sides were solid weapons that played well against us - Van der Mark was pretty quiet tonight. 

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Pressley and Skinner are legit but you're not beating Texas if you don't set the middle at all. Texas is too athletic and good at the net. 

Texas just has to take away one of Pressley and Skinner and it's lights out. Tonight it was Pressley that Texas focused on. Skinner can't play any better than she did tonight and it didn't make a difference at all. 

Texas tends to make really good adjustments overnight so idk what Baylor can do.  We are usually pretty fucking elite in the second game of these back to backs

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Showed that Logan knows how to moderate her serve when it's REALLY on the line.

Wouldn't have thought that from some fairly critical SEs she's pulled.

Oh I was waiting for the match point SE to give Baylor set 1. 

• Hook 'Em 1