Preseason Anxiety Dreams

MaybeACoordinator

For years like clockwork every June, in the dregs of the offseason, I'd have a nightmare about the upcoming season. Usually it was us losing to Rice or some other piddly school by some weird score like 41-4. There was one exception -- we had a chance to pull out a game against some much weaker team, but as soon as we got the ball, a Biblical flash flood tumped three feet of water onto the field , but the refs said we should play on....well, it's hard to run an offense in three feet of brown flood water, so we did not win that game either.

As I got older and the team went into a decade of suckage, these dreams faded away, but I had another one today. I was at some party and came into the living room and my dad is watching the TV in disgust. "How is it it's been a fuckin' decade now and we haven't figured these chumps out yet?" I looked at the TV and it was TCU 42, Texas 3. I had no answer. My mind reeled. I actually thought in the dream about the "Fire Sark" thread that was probably up and running.

But it's a good sign. I choose to believe it means the team is sneaky-good and we are gonna whoop some ass this year, just like all those years we did when I dreamed otherwise. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

For years like clockwork every June, in the dregs of the offseason, I'd have a nightmare about the upcoming season. Usually it was us losing to Rice or some other piddly school by some weird score like 41-4. There was one exception -- we had a chance to pull out a game against some much weaker team, but as soon as we got the ball, a Biblical flash flood tumped three feet of water onto the field , but the refs said we should play on....well, it's hard to run an offense in three feet of brown flood water, so we did not win that game either.

As I got older and the team went into a decade of suckage, these dreams faded away, but I had another one today. I was at some party and came into the living room and my dad is watching the TV in disgust. "How is it it's been a fuckin' decade now and we haven't figured these chumps out yet?" I looked at the TV and it was TCU 42, Texas 3. I had no answer. My mind reeled. I actually thought in the dream about the "Fire Sark" thread that was probably up and running.

But it's a good sign. I choose to believe it means the team is sneaky-good and we are gonna whoop some ass this year, just like all those years we did when I dreamed otherwise. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Those three Charlie Strong years were not a dream, dude. I wish your rationalization of those years were a dream.

• Hook 'Em 1