2022 Hall of Fame

MaybeACoordinator

17 hours ago, slorch said:

'Welcome to the Baseball Hall of Fame, where we showcase the best that have ever played the game.'

'Oh cool, can you show me the career hits leader?'

'That's complicated.'

'What about the all-time home run leader?'

'About that --'

'Guy with the most Cy Youngs?'

'Security.'

"Yeah, we don't have Clemons and Bonds, but guess who we do have?......Larry Walker!"

• Haha 1

The BBWAA or whatever they call themselves need to get over themselves.  They sure love the smell of their own farts.  Playing field was the same for all even during the steroid era.  Bonds and Clemens are pricks but both deserve to be in.  I mean Nolan Ryan wasn't unanimous first ballot because some of these tools "Don't vote anyone in on the first ballot"  What a joke.

• Fuck You 1

Yeah, BBWAA was always a fickle bunch...but they're just being plain fucking weird now.  So many ways to measure a truly great career and these guys still hold their same beefs in many instances.  For the record-a large portion of them are totally fine and vote objectively and by the numbers.

But I'm guessing there's still so many bitter assholes in the BBWAA, some of 'em would think:

Writer1, "We could cordon off a special section in the Hall for"

Writer2 (interrupting), "Koufax and Greenberg?" 

Writer1, "No.  What the hell man?  No, I was gonna say a special section for"

Writer3 (interrupting), "Gibson, Paige, Jackie, Banks?" 

Writer1, "What the fuck is wrong with you guys?  Let me finish, we could vote in a group and have them in the Hall but in a separate area for"

Writer4 (interrupting), "Oliva, Minoso, Tony Perez?" 

Writer1, "For shit's sake people.  I was going to say for serious steroid users and cheaters.  Guys like A-Rod, McGwire, Clemens, Bonds, Shoeless Joe, and Rose.  They'd still be in here for their numbers but with some distinction; and let the fans and history decide where in here they belong."  

Writer5, "I'll think about it.  I thought you were gonna say a bunch of Dominican names next.  Thank goodness you didn't, we won't have the square footage."  

Writer1, "So we're all agreed then.  They're all in.  Except the fucking Dutch!  (taps fingers together)  Somebody get my Blyleven's cell number."  

Haven't read any of the prior posts in re Clemens. Neg me all you want but he doesn't deserve to get into the Hall. I love him for being a Horn and all, but he's a liar and a cheater. Fuck him. Some people can't tolerate rudeness in a man. I can't tolerate those who should know better but lie and cheat nonetheless. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Haven't read any of the prior posts in re Clemens. Neg me all you want but he doesn't deserve to get into the Hall. I love him for being a Horn and all, but he's a liar and a cheater. Fuck him. Some people can't tolerate rudeness in a man. I can't tolerate those who should know better but lie and cheat nonetheless. 

Hope you don't ever ready anything about Ty Cobb...

On 1/26/2022 at 3:08 PM, slorch said:

'Welcome to the Baseball Hall of Fame, where we showcase the best that have ever played the game.'

'Oh cool, can you show me the career hits leader?'

'That's complicated.'

'What about the all-time home run leader?'

'About that --'

'Guy with the most Cy Youngs?'

'Security.'

You can always tell who has never actually been to the HoF, because last time I was there 7-8 years ago, there was a big display on Pete Rose's career (including the betting scandal, and a big display on Bonds breaking the HR records.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m 1917, after winning his 9th batting title and another stolen base crown…Cobb was beginning to feel bored with the game so he killed a drifter just to feel alive again.  

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You can always tell who has never actually been to the HoF, because last time I was there 7-8 years ago, there was a big display on Pete Rose's career (including the betting scandal, and a big display on Bonds breaking the HR records.

Don’t be such a bitch for 5 seconds.

you got the joke, dumb ass.  None of those three guys are enshrined in Cooperstown.

Now, get back to your misery…

Evidently. Until you stop being a humorless cunt. 

makes not a fuck to me.

Nobody gives a shit that they gave Barry Bonds a fucking cardboard cut out. You know it too. 

Edited by slorch

40 minutes ago, slorch said:

Evidently. Until you stop being a humorless cunt. 

makes not a fuck to me.

Nobody gives a shit that they gave Barry Bonds a fucking cardboard cut out. You know it too. 

I know that no one would be the slightest bit sad if you never posted again here. 

I know that you're such a shitty poster that your name has become a verb on this board.

I know that you're such a sensitive pussy that you use your Iceman sock account to rep yourself.