Texas vs. Ark Pine Bluff @8pm on ESPNU

SDG

My Tech parents warned me of this. They told me “it isn’t going to be pretty basketball, but it will be winning basketball”. I was like “winning basketball IS pretty basketball”.  

I was wrong. They were right. This has been ugly AF.  I’ll still take it tho.

Did anybody actually score in this fucking game.  The total points just covered the UT O/U itself.  

Ah well, on to Stanford.  

12 players tonight with double digit minutes played.  That's something, mainly Disu with 5 boards in 12 minutes.  

Let's just spew it out.  Team is taking a little longer to come together than we realized on the offensive end.  One more huge non-conf. test before the Big XII gauntlet begins.  I'm not quite as optimistic as I once was but we've got some time to figure it out still.  See y'all at IWU, hook 'em.

23 minutes ago, HookEm said:

My Tech parents warned me of this. They told me “it isn’t going to be pretty basketball, but it will be winning basketball”. I was like “winning basketball IS pretty basketball”.  

I was wrong. They were right. This has been ugly AF.  I’ll still take it tho.

Yeah I mean I've already explained this in detail so I won't do it again, but it is what it is.

Personally I'll take "ugly" offense and suffocating defense if given a choice. The defense ensures you will almost never be out of a game even if your offense is playing like shit, and you'll basically never lose a game to a significantly inferior team like most CBB teams seem to do at least once every year.

3 hours ago, HillCountryBevo said:

I know it’s a beaten horse but Lowell and blanks are fucking awful 

edit: this was before lance talking bout his old man

Isn't that the usual LHN crew? Why were they calling an ESPNU game? I guess I've never really paid much attention, but I don't recall ever hearing them call a game not on the LHN.

13 hours ago, Burt said:

Isn't that the usual LHN crew? Why were they calling an ESPNU game? I guess I've never really paid much attention, but I don't recall ever hearing them call a game not on the LHN.

IMO, they are moving some games to ESPNU from LHN because we are highly ranked and because of Covid its easy to get Lance and Lowell to call in person.  I think they did another game earlier in the year on ESPNx IIRC.

• Hook 'Em 1