billfromlaketravis

Finished it up today.  Like Yellowstone, the cinematography was great, but the acting was much better from McGraw, Elliott, Garrett, and Isabelle (other than the weird accent that was nothing like her parents).  Some of the story was kind of dumb but it was a lot better than Yellowstone has been at any point.

It just needed

Spoiler

more horse dancing

• Haha 2

I'm not on here to thread shit or whatnot, but I really, really hated this series.  I saw it as the aggy roller coaster.  Lots of hype, pretty cool at the beginning, then WTF happened?  Isabelle whoring her ass all over the plains, her stupid accent, her stupid voiceovers, dry humping under a tornado?  Perhaps I read the wrong history book, but I see no way in which everyone was just cool with the white girl hooking up with the Native American in 1883.  I like Yellowstone a lot, but I fully recognize how much it has gone downhill lately.  I really liked 1923 as well.  But, man, 1883 was not great IMO. 

Now that I think about it, it reminded me of that Texas Revolution series that came out 10 something years ago.  Texas Rising.  I couldn't wait to see it.  It kind of started ok, then went WAY off the rails.

To add, I agree with @WBT.  The cinematography and acting was really good.  

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1