2022 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Chair umpire just called the ball OUT for Friedsam to hold serve on a ball that absolutely looked to clip the line, but they are using humans to call lines and it looked like it just fell on the chair umpire’s side of the line, but still on the line. 

Humans should never call lines anymore. 

SIDE NOTE: Emma’s left thigh is wrapped from her her loins(?) all the way down to just above her knee.

Some points Emma looks like a future Top 10 player and some points she looks overpowered by Friedsam.

Roger was tennis for a while after Sampras and Agassi were declining and left.  While Roddick was really really good he never could be on that level and guys like Safin couldn’t do it.  The craziest thing in retrospect is how quickly Nadal joined the conversation, and how long it took Djoker to do so.  I think it was 2010 or 11 before he just became a total threat and ground up the tour.  

It’s the end of an era.  Nadal is still incredible (I think I have flipped and he is my goat) but he maybe has one or two more French opens in him.  Djoker probably has a few more years and will win more majors almost certainly, but Alcaraz, Rune, Medvedev, Berrettini etc just don’t move the needle like the big 3 did for me.

Somehow Fed didn’t hang on too long although 41 certainly seems like it.

RF's last match is going to be doubles with Rafa at the Laver Cup. Normally participants have to play at least one singles match also but obviously since it's his tournament little waving that. From what I gather the match will start around 3pm Friday afternoon our time on the tennis channel.