NFC title - California dreaming

Make em eat Taco Bell

16 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That has to be his last pass as a 49er.  Jimmy G is just awful.  After all these years he still makes bad rookie mistakes.  Not sure if they should hope Lance is the answer or try and get Rodgers, who also tends to choke.

Rodgers would be great fit.

Namath was drafted #12 by the Cardinals in the 1965 NFL Draft, and #1 in the AFL Draft. 
Dick Butkus was taken #3 (in a pick obtained from the Steelers ) and they followed that with Gale Sayers at #4. And incredible two successive picks.
Sayers was picked by the Chiefs at #5 in the AFL Draft. Think about Sayers on those really, really good Chiefs teams.
Denver took Butkus as the first pick of the second round, 9th overall, in that draft.

A few years later Butkus was going to Houston for big money. Before he could sign came the Murchison-Hunt meeting at Love Field that laid down the merger and put an end to the player poaching.

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

A few years later Butkus was going to Houston for big money. Before he could sign came the Murchison-Hunt meeting at Love Field that laid down the merger and put an end to the player poaching.

Interesting. I never heard about that. In 1975 I remember the Bears came to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers. I was a little kid but, I had a season ticket and I was so bummed that Butkus had retired after the 1974 season.

19 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Crazy that in the first 54 super bowl the host city's team never made it, now it's happening in two straight. 

Rumor is ATT Stadium may become the permanent host to make sure it never happens again 

Early-entry candidate for 2022 post of the year….

• Hook 'Em 1

Interesting. I never heard about that. In 1975 I remember the Bears came to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers. I was a little kid but, I had a season ticket and I was so bummed that Butkus had retired after the 1974 season.

There is a NFL films doc series on the AFL that is fantastic. They are interviewing several players that were headed to the AFL including Butkus. He was pissed because Halas was paying him about $18k a year and Houston was going to pay 6 figures. Went back to Bears making squat. I loved Butkus as a kid. I rarely saw the Bears on TV so 90% of the film I saw on him was on The NFL Today with Frank Gifford on Sunday mornings, if my old man decided we didn’t have to go to church. He only lasted nine seasons. His knees had like a single tendon more than Sayer knees which had zero.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

There is a NFL films doc series on the AFL that is fantastic. They are interviewing several players that were headed to the AFL including Butkus. He was pissed because Halas was paying him about $18k a year and Houston was going to pay 6 figures. Went back to Bears making squat. I loved Butkus as a kid. I rarely saw the Bears on TV so 90% of the film I saw on him was on The NFL Today with Frank Gifford on Sunday mornings, if my old man decided we didn’t have to go to church. He only lasted nine seasons. His knees had like a single tendon more than Sayer knees which had zero.

tendons or ligaments?