Tournament of Champions thread

closetohumping

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

... Marc Murphy is a good dude who just makes bad decisions in competition.

MM has a narrow lane (French-Italian) and is really good when he is able to stay inside of it.  Hand him some hot peppers and he's clueless.

Edited by bernorange
  • Like 1

I knew Mei Lin was done with that kabob

Im hoping someone other than Maneet wins

When Mei Lin said I’m going for charred over smoky I told my wife she just fucked up.

I thought Britt certainly hammered her dish I really wanted Amanda in there. She is a huge person but really is graceful in her cooking. Does so much in a short time.

Mahneet nearly lost it on the pressure cooker.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I’m now hoping for Antonia to win.

I think the winner of Antonia-Jet will be the ultimate winner. Really really would be disappointed to see Maneet win another one. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I think the winner of Antonia-Jet will be the ultimate winner. Really really would be disappointed to see Maneet win another one. 

I’m just not into maneet.  Talented yes.  Seems very self absorbed and plays to the camera 

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I want either Jet or Britt to win.  No offense to Antonia, but I'm pulling for those 2.  I like Maneet, but want a new champ.

Jet is my clear favorite.  Seems like a genuinely good guy.

I’m just not into maneet.  Talented yes.  Seems very self absorbed and plays to the camera 

I ate at her joint in Nashville a few years ago. It was the best Indian “inspired” food I ever had. Great service.

Antonia knows how to run a joint as well.

Posted (edited)

The randomizer for the finale needs to get rid of equipment and change it to cuisine.  So that some people can't just default to the only cuisine they ever seem to cook in competition. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I hated that result for Antonia. Fucking cacao pods. Luau leaves. Name root. You can have different ingredients without getting stupid. The equipment this is silly.

I’d rather the final four be more cooking like iron chef. One or two ingredients or things and make three dishes.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/1/2024 at 4:57 PM, closetohumping said:

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Food Network is really all in on her 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bernorange said:

Final battle hit on one of my pet peeves wrt cooking competitions.

Hide contents

No one should be preparing a crudo or tartare or salad as a dish in a cooking competition.  It's a cop out IMO.  Cook something.

Spoiler

Disagree.   Fucking maneet made a meatball.  Gmab.  Seems like this show is rigged almost.  

wrong person won. 

also in the semis I knew Britt was done when she used beer as her base.  That doesn’t fly with those haughty judges

back to the final, I knew manheet was gonna win when the judges said they couldn’t taste the cacao in Antonia’s dish and when guy said it was a tie in plating and taste

meatball and sloppy joe.  Please

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:
  Hide contents

Disagree.   Fucking maneet made a meatball.  Gmab.  Seems like this show is rigged almost.  

wrong person one.   

also in the semis I knew Britt was done when she used beer as her base.  That doesn’t fly with those haughty judges

back to the final, I knew manheet was gonna win when the judges said they couldn’t taste the cacao. 

meatball and sloppy joe.  Please

Agree. We just are supposed to believe a deep fried meatball is “high end royalty food” in India? According to who, Maneet?

• Hook 'Em 1