Nerve Damage and Sexual Function

I would like to understand how people who are paralyzed, like FDR, or Governor Abbott are able to make love. I assume there is some difference between the two, as FDR had nominal use of his lower body, at least as far as I understand how polio works. But was Abbott permanently flaccid before he was injured, or is that the tree's fault?

42269656.jpg

I learned that some paralyzed dudes can still fuck by watching He Won't Get Far on Foot.  Something about the dick nerves getting some signal from the spinal cord below the break.  I don't think they can feel it, but I guess it's fun for them to see titties bouncing again.  

While I cannot personally speak for Governor Hotwheels, IMO having to look @ this would definitely not induce me to get a Woodrow Wilson:

2013.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=6628b8c4f129437b259425955d0f87e9

Then again, Marguerite wasn't exactly a bombshell either:

47-96-3495.jpg?resize=685%2C841&ssl=1
(mistress to FDR)

Damn, I thought the first one was a dude. Reminds me of a an actor but the name is escaping me at the moment.