Other States BBQ

Neonmoon

Barbecue in the east and north is generally from the soul food side of the south from the great migration. So you’ll often see boiled ribs that are then drowned in sauce in the oven. And typical sides like collards, cornbread, black eyed peas, Mac n cheese, sweet potatoes. Usually you judge it on the quality of the sides as the barbecue is stovetop bbq ribs, chicken, hot links.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:33 PM, UTCzech III said:

Sitting at Midwood Smokehouse in Charlotte right now before heading to the airport.  It ain’t Texas bbq but it’s a’ight.  Definitely get your money’s worth

C5A264A9-F27C-48C5-80F4-1B5B23EB378A.jpeg

9FFA9C15-1B15-4CF0-BCD8-026C2A9C5E15.jpeg

77DF0F16-8C44-4511-B0B5-8C7798068D01.jpeg

Been there a bunch.  In laws live around the way from that joint.   It’s, well, meh.  

• 2 months later...

I'm in Denver and we decided to go to AJs pit BBQ Texas style BBQ. I ordered the trinity, 1/4 pound brisket, 2 ribs and a jalapeno cheddar link along with the pit beans and truffle mac n cheese. 

Brisket -The point piece was juicy smokey nice bark, could have used a tad more salt and pepper IMO, the flat piece was slightly dry but was still great wrapped in white bread with the house made pickles and onions.

Ribs- great bark, nice pull and good smokey flavor, really good

Link- I didn't ask if they made in house, assume they did. Cheddar Jalapeno link, the flavor reminded me of Truths pepper jack in the sense that I get a slight chili dog taste. Which fine by me, its finer ground but hey they were good.

Sides Pit beans are smoked and filled with sliced up none cheese sausage, damn good IMO. Truffle mac n cheese, now 
I'm not a big mac n cheese with BBQ guy but she wanted to spilt it so I nixed the tater salad. Surprisingly good, cheesy and not an overwhelming fake truffle taste that youll find at some places that use cheap truffle oil.

They have a full bar and nice selection of local beers, so if you're in Denver and craving BBQ, this should satisfy your needs

20231111_155756.jpg

20231111_155850.jpg

20231111_160230.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

This is the bbq place that people from my office near Raleigh will go out to for lunch.

IMG_6735.thumb.jpeg.3e866c9571acd9042aa0999972703633.jpeg

literally it’s this and chicken. They call it “barbecue”. Lady was very confused when I asked about what the choices were for the “pound of barbecue”. Fuck,

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

This is the bbq place that people from my office near Raleigh will go out to for lunch.

IMG_6735.thumb.jpeg.3e866c9571acd9042aa0999972703633.jpeg

literally it’s this and chicken. They call it “barbecue”. Lady was very confused when I asked about what the choices were for the “pound of barbecue”. Fuck,

image.gif.8835ff63c9b2ca73930081bd2cafb6c7.gif