Odessa is thirsty

F250

On 6/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, InkaUtexas said:

address please? ya know, so I know what place to assist/attack. :)

Smart man, good set up. How deep are the wells? I had a great one at my old farm. Never was worried about water for the family and animals. Damn I miss that place. 

Somewhere north of Odessa. 😂

we just bought the house earlier this year so I have no idea how deep they are. We also have a pond out back that has catfish. Planning to add some largemouth bass to it as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, 4HE said:

Somewhere north of Odessa. 😂

we just bought the house earlier this year so I have no idea how deep they are. We also have a pond out back that has catfish. Planning to add some largemouth bass to it as well. 

Add some cheap goldfish. fuckers love eating mosquito larva! 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, Tom said:

Please stop doing this.  Buy a reusable water bottle, tumbler, camelbak, or anything that helps keep another plastic bottle from ending up in the ocean every time you and your family leave your house.

LOL.  We aren't sailors working on the high seas, have never Messed With Texas, and I'm pretty sure the US banned sea dumping decades ago.  (If you actually knew me IRL, you'd probably know that I absolutely loathe litterers.)  The bottles always goes in the trash, which end up in landfills or maybe incinerators.  Always taught to take the lid off and crumple them before tossing, if that makes you perpetual pissy naggy nanny scolds feel any better. 

It won't, of course.  CR really is a cult these days, always bitching about something.   Hall monitor and virtue signaling are what y'all missionaries of misery thrive on.  Worse than the cult of aggy, at least they don't go around telling everyone else how to live.  

So I might just respond by going to the store tomorrow and place every single item in a separate, new plastic bag!  Then toss all those empty bags into the trash bin without reusing or recycling!  Control freaks will sense it like needles in a voodoo doll...

OBTW, Odessans were able to drink their tap water again on Saturday.  Odd that no one mentioned this...

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/06/20/texas-city-residents-allowed-drink-tap-water-again/

Residents of the West Texas city of Odessa may again safely drink tap water without having to first boil it, the city announced Saturday.

The decision to lift the boil water order came after water samples sent for testing Friday were determined to be safe by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the city said...

...The city said taps in 165,000 homes and businesses lost pressure or went completely dry after a 24-inch (61-centimeter) main broke Monday afternoon.

The water treatment plant was back online in the city about 330 miles (530 kilometers) west of Dallas by about 8 a.m. Wednesday. But workers conducted a “recharging” process, slowly adding water volume to the system to ensure there are no more leaks....

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

In clappy's defense, filling your reusable water bottle from a well or city system pumping that Ogallala Aquifer slush is a gamble for your teeth and your health. By the time that water seeps it's way down from up north it's more like drinking mud (and tainted with Oklahoma sediment to boot).  Many panhandle folks buy their drinking water and use the ground water for showering, flushing toilets, and watering the yard, which is about all it's good for.   I grew up drinking well water up there and I don't wish it on anyone.

Even in that scenario, of course, there are ways to minimize the plastic usage, but it's not as simple as filtering your Colorado River water (now infused with Zebra Mussel flavor!) and filling up a Yeti.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL.  We aren't sailors working on the high seas, have never Messed With Texas, and I'm pretty sure the US banned sea dumping decades ago.  (If you actually knew me IRL, you'd probably know that I absolutely loathe litterers.)  The bottles always goes in the trash, which end up in landfills or maybe incinerators.  Always taught to take the lid off and crumple them before tossing, if that makes you perpetual pissy naggy nanny scolds feel any better. 

It won't, of course.  CR really is a cult these days, always bitching about something.   Hall monitor and virtue signaling are what y'all missionaries of misery thrive on.  Worse than the cult of aggy, at least they don't go around telling everyone else how to live.  

So I might just respond by going to the store tomorrow and place every single item in a separate, new plastic bag!  Then toss all those empty bags into the trash bin without reusing or recycling!  Control freaks will sense it like needles in a voodoo doll...

OBTW, Odessans were able to drink their tap water again on Saturday.  Odd that no one mentioned this...

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/06/20/texas-city-residents-allowed-drink-tap-water-again/

Residents of the West Texas city of Odessa may again safely drink tap water without having to first boil it, the city announced Saturday.

The decision to lift the boil water order came after water samples sent for testing Friday were determined to be safe by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the city said...

...The city said taps in 165,000 homes and businesses lost pressure or went completely dry after a 24-inch (61-centimeter) main broke Monday afternoon.

The water treatment plant was back online in the city about 330 miles (530 kilometers) west of Dallas by about 8 a.m. Wednesday. But workers conducted a “recharging” process, slowly adding water volume to the system to ensure there are no more leaks....

i really don't understand why yall don't use the political forum for political hot takes. it's right there. click it. post your political takes there. it's easy.

enjoy the 24 hour break.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

I grew up drinking well water up there and I don't wish it on anyone.

I grew up drinking the same....nothing better than having water coming straight out of the ground from a Minneapolis Moline engine and 10" pipe

200-6.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, hayden_horn said:

i really don't understand why yall don't use the political forum for political hot takes. it's right there. click it. post your political takes there. it's easy.

*'y'all

I did.  I made a thread there last week.

Well, technically I didn't post anything political in this thread here.  Someone nagged me with the laughably false accusation that when I buy bottled water and properly dispose of it in a trash can it ends up polluting the oceans.  So I responded by noting that posters from a certain forum have a history of frequently being pious, scolding nags. 

"It's funny because it's true." 

gettyimages-504409458.jpg?w=1024

Also funny that when I saw Tom's post and all the likes I bet that every person liking it would be frequent posters in the CR.  Sure enough....

enjoy the 24 hour break.

I did!  Thanks for the well wishes.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Fuck You 2