St. George Utah

ocugolf

There honestly is no where worth eating in that town. The chains are what they are and every local joint blows.  At least with the chains you know what you're getting.

In mesquite, Kathryn's is a very good steak House. It's in the casa Blanca. 

Yes. The liquor laws still suck.  Get your booze at Lee's in mesquite. 

3 hours ago, pops said:

There honestly is no where worth eating in that town. The chains are what they are and every local joint blows.  At least with the chains you know what you're getting.

In mesquite, Kathryn's is a very good steak House. It's in the casa Blanca. 

Yes. The liquor laws still suck.  Get your booze at Lee's in mesquite. 

I scanned Tinder when driving through there around the first of the year, and I would beg to differ.

There seemed to be a few tasty options in that town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The golf course in Beaver Dam is fun, but I'm the worst ever and I was also drunk, so YMMV.

Mountain bike trails around St. George are lit. Great place to ride in winter and early spring.

03.28.13_St George_Sidewinder-Suicidal Tendencies

NO KIDDING... I totally thought that you took a photo of a rifle with a silencer on it looking over that landscape.

I thought that it was a strange thing to post.

Probably my 3rd or 4th time looking at the photo, I realized what I was looking at.

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I scanned Tinder when driving through there around the first of the year, and I would beg to differ.

There seemed to be a few tasty options in that town.

If that's the kind of eating he's looking for, then yes. 

I have a place there. Spend a few weeks a year there. I really like st George even though I don't love everything about what it has become.  But that's probably everywhere 

But it is like a food Bermuda triangle. It makes no sense. There are enough people there and enough new people moving in that you think there should be a decent little food scene.  There just isn't. 

22 hours ago, pops said:

I have a place there. Spend a few weeks a year there. I really like st George even though I don't love everything about what it has become.  But that's probably everywhere 

But it is like a food Bermuda triangle. It makes no sense. There are enough people there and enough new people moving in that you think there should be a decent little food scene.  There just isn't. 

That’s disappointing. I saw that St. George is one of the fastest growing places in the country. I assumed that would mean the food scene would be good. We are playing in Mesquite one day, so we will hit up Katherine’s. 

31 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

That’s disappointing. I saw that St. George is one of the fastest growing places in the country. I assumed that would mean the food scene would be good. We are playing in Mesquite one day, so we will hit up Katherine’s. 

If you are old, white and Mormon, it's awesome.

of all the places in the world, I drove through here yesterday.

my wife enjoyed her two tacos from jack in the box, and me and the kids enjoyed the mcdonalds. I didn't eat at jitb due to them having those awful coke freestyle machines, and we get to mcdonalds and they have them too. The coke tasted like total ass. 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, pops said:

sounds like a business opportunity. 

12 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Where are you playing in St George?  Despite the food scene being shitty, the golf is fantastic. Especially this time of year when most of the snowbirds head back North and the crowds clear out. 

21 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Staying at Entrada. Playing there, Sand Hollow, Sky Mountain, Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Conestoga in Mesquite, and coyote springs. 

Wolf Creek is brutal if you don't hit is straight. 

The three St. George courses are nice. Great views and wide open. 

I've never played Conestoga.

3 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Staying at Entrada. Playing there, Sand Hollow, Sky Mountain, Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Conestoga in Mesquite, and coyote springs. 

Good trip. Sky mountain is fairly pedestrian but the last 3 holes might have some of the best views in golf. 

I think Wolf Creek is a dumb course but probably worth seeing once. 

Coyote springs is a blast. 

Have fun!