2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

On 7/9/2023 at 6:23 AM, Horn Dogg said:

WVA isn’t going to win shit this tour

WVA still hasn’t won shit this year.  2 races, he shouldn’t have gifted Gent Wevelgum to LaPorte.  

Imagine being better than almost everyone else but losing to the same dude your whole life.

D51A1449-3FB0-4FE6-AFE3-251DC6540CF9.thumb.png.78decd7d07df25f75592b63e2d7166d6.png

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Vuelta time!  Thunderstorms and a TTT through the middle of Barcelona…..what could possibly go wrong?

What could go wrong, indeed.

Already the weather conditions, parcours, and even the damn starting ramp have proven treacherous, as we’ve seen multiple riders slide and have to recover. Fortunately no crashes yet. Hope everyone gets through it intact. Love a TTT, but glad this is a short one. 

16 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

What could go wrong, indeed.

Already the weather conditions, parcours, and even the damn starting ramp have proven treacherous, as we’ve seen multiple riders slide and have to recover. Fortunately no crashes yet. Hope everyone gets through it intact. Love a TTT, but glad this is a short one. 

Yeah, that start ramp is a head scratcher.

9FC6CDEF-7241-43D7-90B0-CE1A706671E6.jpeg.f05037f134e601de73def478d696b5ac.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Could Kuss actually win the Vuelta?  I think it's possible!

It’s possible, but I’ll agree with Evenepoel and see Kuss as an outside chance for the GC. That said, I’d like to see what would happen if Seppy strapped in and made an earnest effort at keeping the GC lead. 

Kuss still in red after the TT! 

So Jumbo Visma won the Giro (Roglic) and the TDF (Vingegard)  and Kuss is in the lead of the Vuelta after the TT.  If Vino and Roglic start riding for Kuss (they should, IMO), no way Evenepoel takes Kuss out.

Predicition: unless there's a wreck or a mechanical issue, Kuss will win.

3 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

Curious to see if Remco and Quick Step are actually having a bad day or maybe saving up for a monster effort on the Tourmalet. We’ll see shortly…

Oh he is definitely having a really bad day. It's just a question of can he recover enough to get back on.

Meanwhile, France Ving has shown up

Just now, Hornius Emeritus said:

Crazy. Jumbo Visma finishes 1-2-3 in the stage. Kuss looked strong at the end.  I think he's going to win it. Maybe Jonas gets on the podium?

He already is.

Barring crash Kuss got this, just question of Roglic and Jonas places.

My god, just how far will Evenepoel fall? Completely out of it unless some absolute disaster befalls Team JV.  Edit - Never mind. He still has literally miles to climb with 14 minutes already elapsed behind the winner. That’s about as bad of a day you can have without a crash. 

Edited by Whitewater Horn

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

Indeed.

Second time in two days Jumbo has had four dudes on final climb, and only one was a domestique.

Several years ago, I didn’t think that anyone would be able to have a stacked team like the ones from Sky/Ineos. Now TJV has such an incredible roster that they can assemble these monster squads for grand tours that are proving to be almost unbeatable. If Kuss hangs on for the overall, they will have winners for all three grand tours on the same team. I never even consider that as a possibility on a single team. 

13 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

Several years ago, I didn’t think that anyone would be able to have a stacked team like the ones from Sky/Ineos. Now TJV has such an incredible roster that they can assemble these monster squads for grand tours that are proving to be almost unbeatable. If Kuss hangs on for the overall, they will have winners for all three grand tours on the same team. I never even consider that as a possibility on a single team. 

Man it really is wild. And yesterday I say there was a domestique, but hell even that was Wilco Keldermann who was a GC leader before.

• Hook 'Em 1