2022 Tour de Francis

Knoxtnhorn

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Could be, but watching those two yesterday, Jonas probably gained 50 seconds in the turns alone. About 1 or 2 k into it you could see some shit was going down.

Fair enough.  I still think that performance is suspicious, but I could be wrong and I understand others won’t agree with me.

19 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

WVA has about 30-40 lbs on Jonas and is a 3X world cyclocross champion.  Being on the same team and being a guy that likes to win TdF TT’s, I’m sure he did the same level of recon.  

And being on the same team as Jonas, you'd think he'd have the same supplier.  So....Jonas is doping without team help....Wout refuses to dope....the only one doping is @Horn Dogg?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I think it's going to be close but JV will not catch Gall.

When's the last time a team had two riders on the podium?

Yeah I was joking lol.

Not uncommon in the super team era to have multiple riders on the podium. Sky did it a couple times I think. Astana did it in 2009

Wow.  That will do it, barring something completely unfortunate.  Hard to see Pog like that, but every cyclist has been there, though perhaps not THERE.  He had me convinced that he was up to the challenge for two solid weeks.  I wish he had been in top condition so we could have taken this battle all the way to Paris.  

7 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Wow.  That will do it, barring something completely unfortunate.  Hard to see Pog like that, but every cyclist has been there, though perhaps not THERE.  He had me convinced that he was up to the challenge for two solid weeks.  I wish he had been in top condition so we could have taken this battle all the way to Paris.  

It's over. Il a fini. 

I felt Pog needed to basically cut the lead in half on this stage and all Jonas did was bury him. But Pog probably wasn't completely ready for the Tour this year. With those two, it's whoever is highest in the climber category. That's going to be the winner. Barring disaster, the tour belongs to Jonas. 

41 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

WVA abandoned……without winning shit this this tour.

I'll give him a pass because he is having a kid, and likely was not as focused as he otherwise might have been.  He did not seem on his A game all tour, and can be selfish at times, but he wants to win as much as anyone.  He's another one of those riders who can do a bit of everything, and just loves to compete.  

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

I'll give him a pass because he is having a kid, and likely was not as focused as he otherwise might have been.  He did not seem on his A game all tour, and can be selfish at times, but he wants to win as much as anyone.  He's another one of those riders who can do a bit of everything, and just loves to compete.  

He’s been a level down all year.  The only race I can think of that he dominated was Gent Wevelgem and he gifted it to LaPorte.

On 7/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, Horn Dogg said:

Agreed.  And we have someone as unlikeable as Froome in yellow.  

Sure Vingegaard looks like a cover model for Punchable Face Quarterly, but he seems like a nice guy/husband/father/teammate who it just so happens was cursed with fish lips.

3 hours ago, locodos said:

Sure Vingegaard looks like a cover model for Punchable Face Quarterly, but he seems like a nice guy/husband/father/teammate who it just so happens was cursed with fish lips.

I don't understand the JV hate, either.

Amazing to see the breakaway succeed today. Asgreen has to be one tired mofo.